E0001

New LAFD Pierce Triple

102 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, pump305 said:

22 have left the factory last week.

If they are not already they should be in Ontario soon

Looks like the KME body  is now the norm for LAFD engines. Has the KME contract now ended and all new engines ordered  will be Pierce Arrow XT's?

19 minutes ago, shoub said:

Looks like the KME body  is now the norm for LAFD engines. Has the KME contract now ended and all new engines ordered  will be Pierce Arrow XT's?

LAFD tested this compartment style back in 2007 and ran with it after. E51 was the Seagrave version and old E7 was the Pierce version.

pump305 likes this

On 8/5/2017 at 10:57 PM, pump305 said:

On 8/6/2017 at 7:04 AM, EMT_FS46 said:

If they are not already they should be in Ontario soon

Interesting, who is your source of info, the first one was just barely finished around the time of this post 

Edited by Rsqfxr

On 8/5/2017 at 10:57 PM, pump305 said:

Only one has been built.  Remainder are in process.

10 minutes ago, waterguy said:

Only one has been built.  Remainder are in process.

You mean i was lied too. Well crap!

It will be interesting to see if the 4 engine companies that are set to reopen will be getting these new engines besides the other 4 engines that were reopened in the last few years.

It all depends. Take station 35 for example. When E35 was closed, their new at the time KME engine became E235. When engine 35 reopened. It when back to being E35 and 235 was given a hand me down.

12 hours ago, EMT_FS46 said:

It all depends. Take station 35 for example. When E35 was closed, their new at the time KME engine became E235. When engine 35 reopened. It when back to being E35 and 235 was given a hand me down.

Same with 75s. E275 got the KME, while it was destined for 75s originally.  I'm sure there are other houses like that.

Always wonder why Los Angeles goes all amber on the upper rear warning (code) lights.  A combo of red and amber upper is the best combination for visibility. 

Great Looking new rig Rsqfxr.  Out of curiosity, any idea why is the rear body is taller then the Cab?  

Friends of mine from 70’s & 18’s have been in reserve engines for over a year. They went down for normal repairs. Hopefully S & M can get the new rigs on the streets soon. They are really hurting out in the stations trying to keep the equip. running.

10 hours ago, Seagrave7 said:

Great Looking new rig Rsqfxr.  Out of curiosity, any idea why is the rear body is taller then the Cab?  

I don’t, its pretty tall though some members won’t be able to close the roll up door if its rolled all the way up :) this is the only one finished 

3 hours ago, Polecat said:

Friends of mine from 70’s & 18’s have been in reserve engines for over a year. They went down for normal repairs. Hopefully S & M can get the new rigs on the streets soon. They are really hurting out in the stations trying to keep the equip. running.

18’s is almost done, a year doesn’t sound like “normal” repair, if the new rig is built to spec than it shouldn’t be a problem getting it on the street, and actually the mechanics are the ones hurting trying to keep the equipment running 

Edited by Rsqfxr