Rescue51

Tidbits on San Diego sightings

2 posts in this topic

I drove by Heartland HTF on Marshall Avenue Saturday morning and what appeared to be a Spartan/Smeal in similar colors to what I would say is Lakeside FD, was at the training facility and it had an engine 31 marking on it, unless I saw it wrong.  I am not aware of any station 31's in East County.  Any clues?

Coronado FD was seen running their medic rig (M36) recently, and it was a Navistar heavy duty chassis and I could almost swear it had the same colors as the former El Cajon medics 6/8/9.  I saw activity on one of those former medic rigs and it was appeared being prepped as a rehab unit.  I thought I saw another one of the same type medic rigs being worked on down on, I wanna say, Greenfield not far from 2nd Street.  Wondering if Coronado picked-up one of those rigs that might have been lower mileage as I believe their Ford they were using as M36 had seen its days. 

50 minutes ago, Rescue51 said:

I drove by Heartland HTF on Marshall Avenue Saturday morning and what appeared to be a Spartan/Smeal in similar colors to what I would say is Lakeside FD, was at the training facility and it had an engine 31 marking on it, unless I saw it wrong.  I am not aware of any station 31's in East County.  Any clues?

Coronado FD was seen running their medic rig (M36) recently, and it was a Navistar heavy duty chassis and I could almost swear it had the same colors as the former El Cajon medics 6/8/9.  I saw activity on one of those former medic rigs and it was appeared being prepped as a rehab unit.  I thought I saw another one of the same type medic rigs being worked on down on, I wanna say, Greenfield not far from 2nd Street.  Wondering if Coronado picked-up one of those rigs that might have been lower mileage as I believe their Ford they were using as M36 had seen its days. 

Coronado is leasing one of the El Cajon Medic rigs temporarily until a new vehicle is delivered.