Rescue51

New Pierce delivery for Sierra Vista, AZ

6 posts in this topic

Looks like a new HazMat rig.  Photo credit goes to Pierce's Flickr page. Anyone in Arizona have more details?   Thank you.    ~Rescue51

35898931025_701c53e581_z.jpg

I believe it's an engine with patient transport capability similar to Broward County FL

Edited by legos.8ty7

Is this new thing? I know many dept in Utah have them. 

Edited by mr.ranger

If that rig is going to be used for patient transport: BAD idea.  I cannot understand why a department would tie-up such an expensive resource, for the purpose of patient transport.  Sure hope they don't have patient off-load delays.  Maybe the plan is just to use it (if it is for patient transport) for ALS level transports.  Santee FD in San Diego, purchased a huge E-One Hurricane I wanna say in the late 80's/early 90's, it was E4, and the plan then was to use it for patient transports, though they never implemented that.   I assumed the rig was for HazMat, as it looks like that kind of rig. 

I think most will agree it's definitely not fiscally sounded. I don't know Sierra Vista's situation for ambo's. Broward County has their for if they can't launch a helo or additional ambo's to a certain area with multiple pts. Ok, that would be great but a what cost does that make sense?