codethree

Pulsepoint / Heartland Dispatch

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that all agencies dispatched by Heartland have no incidents?

Perhaps a CAD interface issue...or maybe Heartland is discontinuing its affiliation with Pulsepoint

I too have noticed the same for Heartland on Pulsepoint.  I am hoping that it is just a temporary outage that is fixed soon.  Doesn't Heartland start dispatching/COM again for soon to be stand-alone San Miguel, this or next month? 

I heard that pulse point ie re-focusing on what gets put up on-line. remember they are not a scanner service. incidents such as vehicle fires, dumpsters, investigations, vegetation, building and most calls where ems is not involved are going to be eliminated

Rescue51 likes this

HCFA performed a CAD update to the latest TriTech dispatch software on 6/12/17.  Because of this, their CAD interface with PulsePoint is temporarily disabled.  They are working to get it back up, but have other more important issues to resolve first.  I would expect it to be down for at least a few weeks.  Also, there is nothing on the PulsePoint.org website or via Google search regarding the software or app eliminating notifications for non-EMS incidents. PulsePoint connects directly with a dispatch center's CAD, so it is actually the dispatch center that chooses what calls get pushed through or not. HCFA begins dispatching services again for San Miguel Fire Rescue on 7/12/17 at 0800.

Rescue51 likes this

Very good information "diamond682"!!!  I assume the San Miguel rigs will go back to their former numbering system???   At least I hope.  Take care.

San Miguel will be going back to the Zone standard two digit number system (E14, T15, E16, E18, E19, E21, E22, and E23).

Rescue51 likes this

Do you know if we will still have Rescue 15 in the system, and Light & Air 23?

I am not aware of what specialty units San Miguel still owns or where they will be stationed.  I have heard Rescue 7685 from time to time on the radio so I imagine that might go back to being R15.  Not sure where the brush units will be located or if they still use the light and air (its pretty old).

many fire departments including mine are complaining that the system is not working as it was intended. it is not intended to be a fire scanner, many people who have the app, who don't work in the fire service are disableing it because they are getting 10-15 sometimes more alerts for non ems incidents in a hour. john q public does not care about building fires, vegetation fires or any fires at all. the site was intended to notify a person trained in cpr or first aid of a medical aid needing rapid assistance prior to the arrival of medical personel

3 hours ago, joeyk48 said:

many fire departments including mine are complaining that the system is not working as it was intended. it is not intended to be a fire scanner, many people who have the app, who don't work in the fire service are disableing it because they are getting 10-15 sometimes more alerts for non ems incidents in a hour. john q public does not care about building fires, vegetation fires or any fires at all. the site was intended to notify a person trained in cpr or first aid of a medical aid needing rapid assistance prior to the arrival of medical personel

All the user has to do is disable those undesired call type notifications in the settings. Problem solved.