RFRD

Rural Metro E859

24 posts in this topic

Rural Metro Fire Department, E859 in their new-to-them Pierce Enforcer. 

Rumor has it, that 3 Pierce PUCs are on their way to San Tan Valley to replace the Ferraras at E841,842,843. 

19060186_1320752721373136_102842262808011281_n.jpg

18 hours ago, GilbertFIRE said:

new or new used ?  where did the Impel go ?

Used

Impel went to Pima County. 

tks for the info   L24 &L33 velocity mid mounts are in production, I assume E58's Commander should be production?

3 hours ago, GilbertFIRE said:

tks for the info   L24 &L33 velocity mid mounts are in production, I assume E58's Commander should be production?

Phoenix has 2 Velocity 95' Aerial Platforms in production. I have no information regarding that Commander. 

1 hour ago, SKFD_Chf1900 said:

you'll be able to see the Rosenbauer soon.

Steve

Can't wait to see it, who is the dealer?

Rosenbauer engine is delayed 4 months from scheduled.

Reason for purchase was because of new purchasing process, no single source provider.  ALf being sole provider put PHX in jam when they went belly up.

Glad they're getting new trucks... but they need a consistent color scheme. 

I thought  E841 E842 & E843 were getting them,  are their  more coming ?  what is AMR 250 ? supervisor  ?   QC station 413 is almost done and will be announcing station dedication date soon and are purchasing land for SE Station 414 & NE Station 415,

Edited by GilbertFIRE

I was told it would be within a half mile of Ironwood and Ocotillo but I don't see a viable location. 

Fire Station 842 started in a double wide at Riggs & Hawes with Southwest Ambulance AP411. Rural Metro next moved 842 to the gravel pit at Ocotillo & Meridian, also in a single wide while AP411 moved into their current station in the QC Town Hall complex.  Finally 842 moved to their new home at 36251 N Gantzel Rd in an empty office complex across from Banner Ironwood Hospital. I haven't been by in a few weeks, but FS842 housed E842, T842, TRV844, BC840, and AP598. The tanker, ambulance, and BC all parked outside. The station is leased. 

Station 844 has been talked about for several years now At one point, it was rumored to be somewhere near Hunt & Gary. I bet RM feels confident about staying in the area with all the failed Fire Department start-ups & incorporation talks. With the fire authority movement gaining popularity, it will be curious to see how this may or may not change STV & other Rural Metro Fire areas as a whole. 

Love those light bars! Would like to see them lit up.

Not sure about the pinwheels. They don't seem too effective, at least on YouTube.

Any update Station 844 ? Queen Creek is annexing Ironwood Crossing's and eveything west of Ironwond/Ganzel  from the RR Tracks to the new SR24 William Gateway Freeway 

E857's Freightliner/Spartan ERV is only a couple of years old.    Any more PUCS or replacements coming for  E842, E843, E844        

844 is going to be at Pima and Ironwood. A little late in the Annexation game but good for them. 

Queen Creek NE Station is going in on Queen Creek Rd & Signal Butte Rd, E415 should be able to get to Ironwood Crossings within 4 Minutes