Rescue51

Anaheim industrial fire--5 alarms

4 posts in this topic

This afternoon a fire in a commercial-industrial structure, triggered 5-alarms.  The residency was some kind of janitorial supply company and stored chemicals created challenges for firefighters.   I believe I saw 5-6 aerial application of water going on with loss of roof in large building.  I am hearing a few minor injuries including 1-2 firefighters.   I imagine this was also a major HazMat incident. 

How many departments assisted Anaheim in batttling this blaze besides Orange County Fire Authority?

the building was 30,000 square feet , fully involved upon arrival of ocfa battalion 2, the fire went defensive almost immediately, with ladder pipes, deck guns and 2 1/2 inch lines. almost 100 firefighters from Anaheim, fullerton, orange city, brea and ocfa were on scene.  there were 2 task forces from huntington beach, Newport beach, costa mesa, fountain valley and laguna beach bought up, one to cover the empty Anaheim and fullerton stations as they both had quite a few units on the fire. and a second staged at north net training center in the event they were needed on the fire. there was 3 injuries, one a worker with a leg injury and 2 fullerton firefighters, one with heat exhaustion and the other with a low grade electrical shock.  all are expected to be fine. the blaze was under control by 6pm , but units remained on the scene wel into the night

Rescue51 likes this