Seagrave7

Culver City FD

10 posts in this topic

Nice and I notice that they're going with the Federal Q mechanical siren and is this going to replace their current frontline truck or is this going to be a new truck company. 

the q siren is an electronic version, not a true q, if you enlarge the pic you can see it. I would assume it is replacing the current truck at station 2

It is a true mechanical siren.  It is recessed behind the bumper to help keep the overall length down.  They use the Eq2b cover just for looks.

I saw the rig while at pierce in Appleton, it is an electronic  not a mechanical

20 hours ago, joeyk48 said:

I saw the rig while at pierce in Appleton, it is an electronic  not a mechanical

Not trying to start an argument, but I can say with 100% confidence that it is a mechanical siren.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:25 PM, EMT_FS46 said:

Any reason as to why they change their numbering ?

they are using south bay communications out of Hawthorne for fire dispatching. they're using Inglewood's old unit numbers

If it's a mechanical siren then where are the side screen and fins? Look close and you can see the box for the electronic siren.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:07 PM, tmfd604 said:

Not trying to start an argument, but I can say with 100% confidence that it is a mechanical siren.

Just checked the Pierce parts catalog for that vehicle and you are 100% correct.