Rettungswagen

AMR for sale

18 posts in this topic

Never saw this coming.. <eye roll> 

none the less it will be interesting to see how this would affect the current transition. A lot of money has been dumped into the central AZ market. 

Rescue51 likes this

Dumb-shit M&A (Merger & Acquisition) profiteers, only seek more and more profit, nothing much more.  And they usually could give a damn for employees and those that really care for a company. 

Interesting.

AMR just started brand-new "from scratch" service here in the Metro NY area this week.  They already have operations in Upstate NY, but those were former Rural/Metro operations that they acquired when they bought them out.

AMR has pulled out of the Metro NY area twice in the past several years.....they came in, like they always do,  assuming they can gobble up all the smaller companies and competition, and in turn get the contracts, but it didn't work out for them.

It will be very interesting to see how this works out if Envision decides to sell the operation.

amrwmc.jpg

Rettungswagen likes this

20 hours ago, x635 said:

Interesting.

AMR just started brand-new "from scratch" service here in the Metro NY area this week.  They already have operations in Upstate NY, but those were former Rural/Metro operations that they acquired when they bought them out.

AMR has pulled out of the Metro NY area twice in the past several years.....they came in, like they always do,  assuming they can gobble up all the smaller companies and competition, and in turn get the contracts, but it didn't work out for them.

It will be very interesting to see how this works out if Envision decides to sell the operation.

Yeah, I was thinking they had operations in Metro NY at least once before but I wasn't sure.

I've seen some other photos recently of their new startup operation.

AEV - AMR - NYC & Westchester County 6.jpg

On 5/11/2017 at 5:19 PM, RFRD said:

Never saw this coming.. <eye roll> 

none the less it will be interesting to see how this would affect the current transition. A lot of money has been dumped into the central AZ market. 

If an equity investment firm acquires AMR I think we'll see that money flow substantially decrease. Plenty of financial austerity measures will no doubt be put in place.

Will Ted Van Horne retain his role as AMR boss after the sale??? Inquiring minds want to know.

How will this affect Rural Metro. I thought one owned the other. R/M has the current EMS contract here in San Diego.

15 hours ago, California Red said:

How will this affect Rural Metro. I thought one owned the other. R/M has the current EMS contract here in San Diego.

Rural Metro ambulances are being rebranded with the AMR name and graphics. It's probably underway in San Diego already. Who knows what will happen if and when AMR is sold. Their future is fuzzy at the moment.

17 hours ago, Rettungswagen said:

Rural Metro ambulances are being rebranded with the AMR name and graphics. It's probably underway in San Diego already. Who knows what will happen if and when AMR is sold. Their future is fuzzy at the moment.

The San Diego Rural Metro rigs are already rebranded to AMR.

Rettungswagen likes this

Buyouts magazine (5-16-2017)

"Envision Healthcare Corp.‘s process to divest its medical-transportation unit is advancing toward what could ultimately produce a deal worth well over $2 billion. First-round proposals for the Envision subsidiary known as AMR, or American Medical Response, were submitted last week"

With all this merger and acquisition junk (about making a few people more money, like lots) would stop, and the old Hartson's Ambulance would just come back. 

Maybe the only real solution to this is to have Fire Departments provide emergency ambulance transports instead of private ambulances. 

McCormick Ambulance just announce they are merging with AMR. Can anyone confirm ???? I wonder how this is going to work out.

Edited by EMT_FS46