Rescue51

Question on a truck assignment to El Cajon

5 posts in this topic

Early this morning in the 0400 hours, a fatality head-on crash occurred on Avocado Blvd., south of Chase Avenue, just on the edge of the El Cajon City limits.  The crash entrapped 3 victims among 2 vehicles.  I noticed on the assignment B2, B3, E6, T6, 2 AMR medic rigs, and Truck 7675.   Is that a typo on T7675, or some numbering unit I am not aware of.  I was thinking Truck 36 out of Jamul as that has a good contingent of rescue gear aboard (as does Heartland Fire & Rescue, El Cajon's T6).  Thanks in advance.  ~Rescue 51

Thank you 'mesabill'.  I was not aware the old Truck 15 was 7675.  I would of almost thought they would have brought the rescue out of 15's.  San Miguel FPD goes stand-alone in July from Cal Fire, and my understanding is they entered an agreement with Heartland Communications, and so I look forward to SMFPD going back to the old numbering system. 

mesabill likes this

I believe the E-1 built Rescue is now Light & Air 7685 out of "15's", not sure where the Ferrara built Rescue is and it's status, RE12, R3 and the Trucks seem to be holding the rescue ball in the Zone.

Good afternoon 'mesabill', I have seen the old E-One rescue rolling around lately, and thought I saw the Ferrara rescue in Casa de Oro not long ago.  But things change and with Cal Fire running the show in a way, it could be even more complicated.  The E-One built rescue that I think originated in 15's then moved to 22's, then 23's, I do believe is only a L&A resource now.  The Ferrara you know of too, was originally 18's (Crest) and I believe acquired through a grant that the former chief (Darrel Jobs ?) was very good at writing (grants), which is also why 19's and 18's got the Ferrara pumpers too (plus a brush rig for 18's).  I am not sure about all the apparatus then being acquired through grants, but am pretty sure the former R18 was for sure.  Jobs did a good job with the former East County Fire, though it was good then San Miguel took 'em over otherwise the FF's were not gonna have paychecks clearing the bank.   Something soon is gonna change for 19's as Lakeside 1's is now so close to that district.  I've heard rumors that E19 (the new rig?) might even operate out of 1's with E1.  Very interesting trends.