mr.ranger

New LaCoFD Rear Mount Quints

23 posts in this topic

I didn't realize county was still ordering rear mounts. Found this new pic of quint 116 in Carson from code2high. From looks of it, 2016/2017 model got same led flood light bar as new tractors for usar and hazmat. After seeing pics of station size I see why. I would if they are ordering or order more than just one?

IMG_4117.JPG

x635 likes this

162 is a rear mount. They had a TDQ as a reserve for awhile. County bought a new rear mount for St162 before they moved to St161. St 162 is to short for a TDQ as the tiller bucket sits out the rear station door. So i assume the new rear mount is at 161. There was talk about putting a TDQ at St161 and selling the new rear mount. Anyone seen Q161 since the move?

Looked on Code2High and they are showing Q161 in an older TDQ. any updates are what they are actually running as a front line rig.

I know Q187 in Pomona was in rear mount for longest. But couple years ago changed into TDA. Dont know if they have switched Back

I believe Q162 is running old Q3. Q3 received their new unit around the same time stations 161 and 162 did the unit swaps. 

187 still in a TDQ. Makes since with 161 having a longer bay. All front line Quints are in TDQ  but 116. St 51 is moving ahead with modifications to the station. Q51 is at the shops.

Yes I saw quint 161 in the old TDQ last Sunday. I thought sta: 187 was closed or was that 185. I know light force 181 was relocated but I forgot where.

This is off topic but I'm just curious as to if they will let Q51 respond outside of universal studios to West Hollywood. I've mention this before but I feel it's dumb to have Q3 respond to West Hollywood from East LA. Same for E51. LA City has resources that can respond to Universal if 51s is out.

mr.ranger likes this

23 minutes ago, EMT_FS46 said:

Yes I saw quint 161 in the old TDQ last Sunday. I thought sta: 187 was closed or was that 185. I know light force 181 was relocated but I forgot where.

I believe 185 closed. 187 serves as training center and services cal poly university. 

8 minutes ago, EMT_FS46 said:

This is off topic but I'm just curious as to if they will let Q51 respond outside of universal studios to West Hollywood. I've mention this before but I feel it's dumb to have Q3 respond to West Hollywood from East LA. Same for E51. LA City has resources that can respond to Universal if 51s is out.

No I don't think so I believe they are to stay on property but I don't understand why la city/Beverly hills just doesn't get added automatically as part first alarm structure run for West Hollywood. Instead of having 3's or 125's

LF 181 became LF185. Q187 still going strong as for Q51, Universal bought the Quint so it is a stay on the lot rig as is E51. They will respond off lot to Universal studio building. As stated BH E1,LAFD E41 and Culver City T2 as needed. T2 doesn't happen to often though. Just like Q110 doesn't leave Marina Del Ray very often.

Why does LA County insist on using such distant truck companies compared to Auto/Mutual Aid Trucks that are so much closer? Is it a pride thing City vs. County or is it deeper in not wanting to show some Cities they provide services to that they don't have resources close to protect them properly?

Edited by tnluke401

To some it all up you can say pride as well as politics. Must departments handle or try to handle their own. I'll give u an example of a messed up situation. A ems call was called in. In this area depending on what side of the streets ( north, south, east, west or 1 or 2 maybe 3 blocks away ) your own and yes streets u can be in county 14s, 170s, 173s or city 64s or 57s. I don't remember the type of call but I believe it was transferred to county who then sent it to city after determining who's area it was in. The call was in city jurisdiction but only a block or two from county 14s. City 64s ended up with the call which is about a mile or two from the incident. Long story short, county 14s was in quarters at the time and could have responded. The person ended up dying and a lawsuit was filed but I don't know the out come. This happens all the time when a border line call comes in. When it is realized that it's in the county, city will not respond most of the time and notify MFC ( metro ) the call is in the county and to notify county fire. When they do respond they are canceled once county is notified or will handle if they get there first until county arrives depending on the type of call.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, mr.ranger said:

I didn't realize county was still ordering rear mounts. Found this new pic of quint 116 in Carson from code2high. From looks of it, 2016/2017 model got same led flood light bar as new tractors for usar and hazmat. After seeing pics of station size I see why. I would if they are ordering or order more than just one?

Nice find!

I wonder why the ladder is set back like that? I'm wondering if it's a 75' placed on a chassis designed for a 100', maybe for weight reasons?

mr.ranger likes this

Found out today that Q116 was originally to go to St162. But.. when the change was made it went to 116 and yes old Q3 to 161. Q116 is a 100 ft stick and thats how county specified the build. Also heard that Q170 may move to 171not as a light force. But that is county time we are talking about so who knows.

9 hours ago, pump305 said:

Found out today that Q116 was originally to go to St162. But.. when the change was made it went to 116 and yes old Q3 to 161. Q116 is a 100 ft stick and thats how county specified the build. Also heard that Q170 may move to 171not as a light force. But that is county time we are talking about so who knows.

When did 170 get a quint ? I saw them about a month or 2 back in a simon-duplex truck. Moving light force 170 to 171 Has been talked about for years. If I am correct, they are only there because the City of Gardena was pissed that their truck was replace with Inglewoods old Quint after being told the truck would stay in Gardena. Why they just didn't move the light fore to Gardena, I don't know. Moving the truck/quint to 171 gives the county better coverage for fires. If the move is made, it could elimate the auto aid agreement with LAFD 66s who respond on fires in county 38s, 58s and a part of 172s.

Edited by EMT_FS46

Isn't there any possibilities of adding another truck for Inglewood and making Engine 170 a fully staffed Engine Company as a result of the LA Rams building a new stadium in Inglewood and eventually making Inglewood their home?

35 minutes ago, RicardoBerg said:

Isn't there any possibilities of adding another truck for Inglewood and making Engine 170 a fully staffed Engine Company as a result of the LA Rams building a new stadium in Inglewood and eventually making Inglewood their home?

I'm sure once the stadium is fully built and operational they will paying for extra man power to fully staff engine or maybe add a quint just like universal did. I'm sure that will be worked out. 

If or when Q170 moves to 171.E170 will become a fully staffed. Only the Quint will move to 171 making 171 an E,Q,Sq station. 170 received old Q126 about a year ago or so. Gardena has there Quint now. 158 and 159 switched.