fireag

SFFD New Apparatus

24 posts in this topic

Any new bids going out/awarded for new trucks, engines, specialty apparatus?

Ferrara did our 2 heavy rescue squads and is currently doing our 8 new engines. Truck bid isnt awarded yet. 2 new cliff rescue rigs are in service and 2 new surf rescue rigs within the next year or so.

Rescue51 likes this

I saw that Ferrara has delivered a number of new, smaller engines to SFFD.  Any news to who will be building their next trucks or estimated delivery dates?

Ferrara got the bid for the new trucks. Currently in the works. 3 trucks and 8 more engines this go around.

Interesting, are they building TDAs? I'm not aware farrara made tillers.  Or are they going with a new model?

Nice, any info on a delivery date or new features? Will they be a compact model like their new engines?

The Tillered truck above went to the Ashburn Volunteer Fire Dept. in Ashburn, Virginia.

They still got a ways to go. Theyve started construction on them but we dont have a firm ETA quite yet.

Whatever happened to the tillers? It’s been at least a couple of months since I last heard about them. 

2 hours ago, wdho said:

Mid point inspection was completed on the first one 2 weeks ago at Ferrara. 

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Not my photo, but I saw it from a group on Facebook. Looks like the ladders are LTC

On 9/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, fireag said:

Any pictures?

ADDF76DB-8F71-48DC-8992-A9EB8855FD07.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, can tiller wheels be "locked" so they don't steer (i.e. function like a normal tractor/trailer)?  I'm just curious because it would be a long ride across the country in the back end of a tiller...  

3 hours ago, Jwimig said:

Just out of curiosity, can tiller wheels be "locked" so they don't steer (i.e. function like a normal tractor/trailer)?  I'm just curious because it would be a long ride across the country in the back end of a tiller...  

Yes, the tiller wheels can be locked. I also know that some manufacturers will deliver tillers such this on flat beds.

We are hoping for the delivery of these within the next few months.

Not yet. They had to do a few modifications to the first one. We're hopeful that the first one will arrive within the next 2 months.