41engine41

MVA extrication/rescue facility PCH??

15 posts in this topic

HI

I might be wrong but my understanding is that the only rigs that have a heavy rescue or extrication capability in LA are the Quints/Trucks/Light Forces. (not sure if some of the Squads or Heavy Squads carry MVA extrication equipment).

I notice that along the PCH LAcoFD has no light forces or quints or trucks, so which station or company provides auto extrication for the PCH?? I see that LAFD has a Light Force at Pacific Pallisades but obviously that would provide coverage for City areas.

Same I guess goes for the PCH through to Ventura County. No Light Forces, Trucks or Quints etc, just Engines and Squads.

Thanks in advance.

JED

If I remember correctly some engines in remote areas carry electric version of jaws. But if that isn't the case in that area quint 125 would be closest responding truck. 

It's always is. Same for quint 3 from east L.A. responding to structure fires in West Hollywood smh. 

Ill never understand some of the things county does.

Edited by EMT_FS46

If I remember correctly I thought the squads in both lacofd and vcfd have extrication capability

Not that I remember squads don't carry extrication equipment. In both counties. I know the heavy squads carry extra back boards & heavy duty boards for geriatric patients. 

In addition to more backboards, LACoFD Heavy Squads carry additional trauma gear (bandages, IVs), the triage tarps and two large oxygen bottles(not portable, forgot what size).  Multiple patients can receive 02 from the system. No extrication gear. No special boards for geriatric or bariatric patients. This was 2009 timeframe.

Edited by bruinmedic
Additional info

I can see Truck 110 responding to incidents on the PCH and I remember a few years ago seeing Truck 110 when they had that old rearmount truck going code 3 up Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica responding to a structure fire in Malibu. 

Quint 110 will only go if quint 125 is tied upand even then that's not always the case. I have seen light force 8 get sent to PCH at times. Politics usually keeps 110s in the marina do to them cross staffing the fire boat.

Edited by EMT_FS46

All La Co squads are now heavy squads. Quint 125 responds on MVA on PCH. If closs to the Ventura Co line then Truck 30 may respond on auto aid. Forgot witch squad carry's the Jaws on PCH . 88,71 or maybe both.

Also in Ventura Co. (Southern) section of PCH, Federal Fire from Pt. Mugu responds on mutual aid requests.