bigalpal

lacofd quints relocated

9 posts in this topic

Good question and the engines from both of those stations were relocatec to stations 159 and 162  and hopefully the Department will place 2 new engine companies at 158 and 161.

Edited by RicardoBerg

It seems odd, that Quint 162 was moved to 161's. I know KME is currently constructing a new 3-axle Quint for the County, that's designed to fit in 162's short station. Who know's.

2 hours ago, Engine5161 said:

It seems odd, that Quint 162 was moved to 161's. I know KME is currently constructing a new 3-axle Quint for the County, that's designed to fit in 162's short station. Who know's.

Could it be that the new Quint that was to go to 162s may be given to 116s due to their tight quarters as well and give now Q161 a hand me down (or new, if they have any in production) TDQ? Just thinking out loud.

In the past there have been talk about moving quint 162 to 161 due to Light force 170 and quint 159 being so close and the fact no tiller quint will fit in station 162. don't know if that's the reason but It could aslo be if County takes over Hermosa Beach I guess it makes it look better coverage wise. They need another quint in West Hollywood. Quint 3 responding from East LA on structure fires is just plain stupid if u ask me. But hey just my opinion.

Definitely NO space constraints at 161's. You can fit an army in there. Both depth and width wise.

As they called it, Truck alley, to close together. Spread them out for better coverage. If you remember Q170 used to be T158. E161 will become E162.

Truck alley lol. The city of Gardena was pretty ticked off due to the fact County fire promise to keep old Gardena fire ladder truck in Gardena. Inglewood's old truck was moved to 159s and Gardens truck moved to 170s to stay in close proximity to Gardena. Before county took over Gardena had 2 engines 1 truck n 2 paramedic rescues I think. Now u have 1 paramedic squad, 1engine, and 1 quint.

correct me if any of this is wrong. 

Hopefully Chief Osby can lobby the cities of Hawthorne and Gardena to get funding to open up 2 new engine companies to place in service at Stations 158 and 161. Does anyone know if Inglewood will be getting another Truck company or an additional squad and making Engine 170 a fully staffed Engine company due to the LA Rams coming to Inglewood in the next couple of years.