e5911

CCFD Rural engines

9 posts in this topic

Are the Rural stations getting hand-me-downs from the urban stations or is there new equipment being purchased?

I have seen newer squads in the interweb, was just curious about engines....

Also are the old militarys gone?.  Long time ago, Mountain Springs Engine 73 was a 1000 mutifuler on a old 6x6 with a dodger 318 powering the pump

Here are two new engines bought for the Vol stations:

Ferrara

1500 GPM

“10

3690 Lyman St

Logandale

Ferrara

1500 GPM

“08

300 N Moapa Valley Blvd

Overton

also:

new water tender: in 2007 below:

also several new squads

I believe that as funds are available, they have tried to upgrade the vol stations

while still replacing the main career fleet

Int/West-Mark

3000 Gall

“07

Searchlight

5 hours ago, vegasbuff said:

Here are two new engines bought for the Vol stations:

Ferrara

1500 GPM

“10

3690 Lyman St

Logandale

Ferrara

1500 GPM

“08

300 N Moapa Valley Blvd

Overton

Clark County Stations 72(Moapa), 73(Logandale), and 74(Overton) are in whats called the Moapa Valley Fire District. They are still "Managed" via Clark County Fire, but vehicles are purchased via the Fire District.  That is why they are essentially the only volunteer stations with new rigs. Otherwise most everything is hand me downs. Squads can be an exception cause there aren't any in the Career CCFD stations to hand down, as well as the Tenders, since there is only 1 CCFD career Tender.  Whereas I believe every CCFD Volunteer Station has at least a Squad and most have Tenders.  They just aren't purchased often due to not significant wear and tear at the volunteer stations, so some can be on the old side.  

Correct, however, a CCFD Capt told me that they did receive a couple of new squads recently I think that one is at 18, have not seen it on the road as yet

I also think that the Mt Charleston Station received a new engine a few years ago:

Int

1500 GPM

"15

Mahogany Dr & Yellow Pine,SR 157

Mt.Charleston

12 hours ago, vegasbuff said:

Correct, however, a CCFD Capt told me that they did receive a couple of new squads recently I think that one is at 18, have not seen it on the road as yet

I also think that the Mt Charleston Station received a new engine a few years ago:

Int

1500 GPM

"15

Mahogany Dr & Yellow Pine,SR 157

Mt.Charleston

There are definitely exceptions based on area needs (I think the Mt Charleston rig is 4x4 with height issues in the Station). No urban 4x4 engines). I have seen a picture of a rig marked as Squad 32. However its more of an LA County Style Paramedic Squad than what has classically been a squad in Clark County (Type 6 wildland rig). I don't remember where I saw the picture...but it was likely here or FIrepics.net. Appeared they replaced R-232 with the Squad as a peak time unit.....but that is mostly guessing and I have no idea if there are others (ie Squad 18). If I find the pic....I'll link it. 

Update , there was only one new squad purchased, that is Sq 32

which is based at City Center Station with Engine 32.

Rescue 13 at McCarran  Airport is now called Sq 13

This info from my neighbor, a CCFD Capt

Mesquite5010 likes this