res51cue

Santa Monica Apparatus Order

14 posts in this topic

The Santa Monica Fire Department has been approved to purchase one (1) KME Type 1 Ladder Truck and four (4) KME Type 1 Fire Engines in the amount of $6,366,513. Funding for an additional Type 1 Aerial Ladder Truck and one Type 1 Fire Engine is contingent upon Council budget approval within the next 5 years. 

x635 likes this

How many stations does Santa Monica have and how many frontline engines and trucks does the department have?

x635 likes this

Only 1 Ladder truck for Santa Monica? I noticed they in the post above, that they are looking to purchase 2 ladder trucks in the near future. Any plans to open a new ladder company.....I know the city is getting really built up.

I assume they are buying tillers?

Which apparatus maker did they most purchase from?   Also remember I think SMF has a ARFF/CFR rig at Santa Monica Airport, I think it is an E-One crash rig. 

Maybe Santa Monica wants to have a brand new Truck as a dedicated Ready Reserve. 

Edited by RicardoBerg

I highly doubt that they would have a new reserve truck, especially since their current front line truck is only about 6 years old. more than likely they are going to ask the city to staff 1 more engine and 1 more truck or a combination of either. santa monica has  a booming construction thing going on so the need may be there for additional units

On 1/23/2017 at 0:28 PM, RicardoBerg said:

Who would get the second truck, would it be the station at the airport? 

My guess would be station 3 or 5

The current front-line truck, which will become the reserve truck, is a 2006. The option with KME is to purchase an additional truck within the next fire years. At the end of that 5 year period the 2006 will be 16 years old. Within replacement range, though on the lower end. If the money is there why not?

So my point is this may not involve an additional staffed truck company at all.

Edited by E0001