Rescue51

Interesting Pierce industrial pumper

7 posts in this topic

That is one interesting rig.  Pierce delivered to Lyondell Chemical, for Colorado and/or Texas.   I assume that large enclosure is for firefighters to remain protected from any possible chemical exposure while operating the monitors.  Wonder what the GPM capacity is of that beast?  Note the large deck gun then the monitor towards the rear of the rig.  

Photo credit to Pierce's Flickr account. ~Rescue51

32196907856_9699dc713e_z.jpg

x635 likes this

11 hours ago, Rescue51 said:

That is one interesting rig.  Pierce delivered to Lyondell Chemical, for Colorado and/or Texas.   I assume that large enclosure is for firefighters to remain protected from any possible chemical exposure while operating the monitors.  Wonder what the GPM capacity is of that beast?  Note the large deck gun then the monitor towards the rear of the rig.  

Photo credit to Pierce's Flickr account. ~Rescue51

32196907856_9699dc713e_z.jpg

Pretty sure its going to Texas because of the flag on the girl :)

The enclosed cab is actually a popular option in Canada due to the extreme weather conditions. I know the max capacity of Pierce Industrial Pumpers is 3000 gpm. The large monitor in the middle looks to be a Williams Ambassador monitor which is capable of flowing 5000 gpm, and I'm assuming there's 2 rear monitors, which I think are TFT Monsoon monitors, which can flow 2000 gpm.

Rescue51 likes this

Funny, a Texas flag and a good BBQ with some steaks in a special compartment too!

I'm thinking the enclosure in this case must be to protect the FF's from any exposure to chemicals and smoke.  Thanks for the info on those monitors, that is good data and interesting on the GPM flows.   Ferrara has an impressive rig called the Inundator Super Pumper (see pic, photo credit to Ferrara).  I've seen them advertising it lately.  Take care...

ferrara-inundator-super-pumper.jpg

h_par202 likes this

2 hours ago, Rescue51 said:

Funny, a Texas flag and a good BBQ with some steaks in a special compartment too!

I'm thinking the enclosure in this case must be to protect the FF's from any exposure to chemicals and smoke.  Thanks for the info on those monitors, that is good data and interesting on the GPM flows.   Ferrara has an impressive rig called the Inundator Super Pumper (see pic, photo credit to Ferrara).  I've seen them advertising it lately.  Take care...

ferrara-inundator-super-pumper.jpg

Interesting, but then again, it's a Ferrarjunk:P

hey jordie, settle down, it's apparent you don't like pierce for some reason, your entitled to your opinion but  la city would not have gone back to pierce if  they were not reliable, take a look around so-cal, there are a lot of departments purchasing them,

A family friend of mine is en engineer for city and he had positive things to say about the Pierce and Seagrave engines. Not so much KME.

From my understanding a reason city went with KME was because they could get 3 KMEs for the price of 2 Pierce engines. You got what you pay for I suppose. 

Edited by oakuhmoto