mr.ranger

Pasadena orders new seagrave tda

32 posts in this topic

Houston has zero TDA's. Only TDA's in Texas are Dallas and now Irving FD after they purchased two more. Hopefully more to follow. San Antonio used to have one but has since been retired. 

While I'm not from Houston I can tell you that Houston hasn't been using any Tillered Aerial Ladders and they have been using rear mounted Aerial Ladders and Tower Ladders for a long time. Perhaps they might have used them years ago but definitely not  for at at least the last 30 years. I highly doubt that they are about to order any TIllered Aerials either as the Mayor is looking for ways to save money and Tillered Aerials from what I understand are more expensive then rear mounted Aerials. In recent years they have been purchasing Ferrara and Spartan Erv rearmounts and Tower Ladders and they  also have a few Pierces and I am sure that they still have some E Ones that they had ordered in the late 1990's.

Perhaps you are talking about another town in Texas. Of the 5 Largest cities in Texas only Dallas is currently using any TIllered Aerial Ladder Trucks and they hare currently running with 7 of them at the moment. They are all Spartan Ervs.

Bringing this back up from the bottom (and slightly off topic) but....

It appears City of Orange did get a Pierce per South Coast Fire Facebook page

Edited by hp1530

On 9/6/2016 at 7:09 PM, joeyk48 said:

the request and order were pulled 2 weeks ago. going with seagrave

I'm not sure where you get your info but it is wrong...again.

orange.jpg

In the Seagrave website, under recent deliveries, they feature this TDA delivered to the City of Pasadena. 

4033_1.jpg.png