mr.ranger

Pasadena orders new seagrave tda

32 posts in this topic

Pasadena approved purchase 100 seagrave tda. They are piggybacking off another order from different dept. surprised they have stayed constisantly with seagrave. This tda will be replacing truck 31 which now 22 years old.

this rig was ordered back in july, they are piggy backing on houston Texas's order  for seagrave

I think currently their entire fleet is seagrave except for engine 31 I think which is pierce. Also didn't truck 31 ladder fail while back?

I think currently their entire fleet is seagrave except for engine 31 I think which is pierce. Also didn't truck 31 ladder fail while back?

Truck 31 did fail its ladder test several years back but the City and PFD opted to have it undergo repairs. Engine's 33 and 36 are currently Pierces, Pasadena did a have a KME TDQ but never had any KME triples.

apparently they are . the order the are piggybacking onto is for the Houston- Galveston texas order

Interesting to see the City of Orange , a long time Seagrave customer, has ordered a Pierce pumper off the Houston-Galveston bid. It seems to infer that they intentionally wanted to move away from Seagrave given they utilized that process.

the request and order were pulled 2 weeks ago. going with seagrave

So I guess a fairly subjective question is how will the Seagrave TDA hold-up against let's say a Pierce or KME?

On 9/2/2016 at 0:04 PM, RicardoBerg said:

Is Houston going TDA with their trucks

As far as I know Houston has always used TDAs. Pasadena has a mixture of pierce n seagrave pumper's with 1 KME TDA.

This Pasadena, ca. Seagrave hold up pretty well I would say they are right behind a pierce.

9 hours ago, EMT_FS46 said:

As far as I know Houston has always used TDAs. Pasadena has a mixture of pierce n seagrave pumper's with 1 KME TDA.

I would love to see a photo of a Houston TDA. I'm not aware of Houston having owned a TDA in at least 30+ years. All rear mount aerials and platforms..

x635 likes this

13 hours ago, mr.ranger said:

IMG_4100.PNG

This is a 2010 model.  Save the pictures from Seagrave website onto your desktop.  They are time stamped from back in 2010.  

Edited by Seagrave7

4 hours ago, Seagrave7 said:

This is a 2010 model.  Save the pictures from Seagrave website onto your desktop.  They are time stamped from back in 2010.  

Came up under recent deliverys

Pasadena sold there KME Quint along time ago. POS... They love Seagrave and are able to stay with them.

5 hours ago, Seagrave7 said:

I know Pasadena FD uses TDAs. I was asking for a photo of a Houston FD TDA in response to another posters comment that Houston FD has "always used TDAs".

2 hours ago, mr.ranger said:

Came up under recent deliverys

They either leave there recent delivery's up for awhile or they recycled a picture from 7 years ago.  Either way, its not a picture of the newest truck.  Although I would not be surprised if it looked the same from the exterior.