mikesaccount

Staff Parking at some LAFD Stations

14 posts in this topic

I have notice that some of the older stations that are in service have very small yards on the side of them. Some are Task Force/Light Force stations like 9s, 12s, 14s, 20s, 35s, 39s 50s, 60s, 75s and 96s how can all of the staff on duty park the vehicles at the stations? Do they sometimes have to park on the streets some of the naborhoods like were 9s and 35 are not very safe for cars to be left on the streets.

At 9's when you get to the station, you park in the car wash parking lot before they open. You hang up your keys in the station, and if your on a call, someone will move your car in the fire station lot for you, after the other shift leaves. For the other stations, the oncoming shift park in adjacent lots or on the street. When the forgoing shift leaves, then you park.

I'm not sure. I just retired and haven't worked at 9's in about a year.

The car wash next to 9s was torn down and turned into a parking lot. The guys park on the wall in the lot until spots are open on the side of the station.

I know that alot of EMTs live far distances from the city and when they 3 24 hour shifts with 24 hours off between shifts if any firefighters owned RVs they could park them at the station and sleep in them so they didn't have to drive home and back the next day dose the department allow firefighters to leave there vehicles at the station when off duty or not.

I have noticed that the car wash next to 9s has been closed for some time has the city considered purchasing some of that land to enlarge the station and/or the yard?

With a full task force plus 4 rescues and a quick response unit I AGREE. it’s time for a new station 9.