Casey

Article on New LAFD Station 39 in Van Nuys

11 posts in this topic

Thanks for printing the link to the article, Casey, I have been trying to follow that story. I wonder what is it with the people who live in that neighborhood in Van Nuy's? Los Angeles had built about 19 new stations over the last approximately 10 years and I hadn't heard of any civilian complaints or threatened lawsuits with any of the other fire stations that were built.

The people who live in that residential neighborhood next to the proposed fire station are what are known a NIMBY'S which translated means Not In My Back Yard. They like to have the fire department when they need it but they don't want it nearby (within earshot). In other words they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Thanks for printing the link to the article, Casey, I have been trying to follow that story. I wonder what is it with the people who live in that neighborhood in Van Nuy's? Los Angeles had built about 19 new stations over the last approximately 10 years and I hadn't heard of any civilian complaints or threatened lawsuits with any of the other fire stations that were built.

The people who live in that residential neighborhood next to the proposed fire station are what are known a NIMBY'S which translated means Not In My Back Yard. They like to have the fire department when they need it but they don't want it nearby (within earshot). In other words they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Agreed

I'm pretty sure that there alot of fire engines, ambulances and police passing by on Oxnard all the time with there sirens going

Sadly it will take a major fire or something else such as a someone having a heart attack for these people to change their attitude.

Agreed so that the new station can accommodate more rigs and personnel. What is currently housed at 39's besides the task force and RA and the BC?

The property belonged the DWP, and was a storage/maintenance yard for the Power side.  The neighborhood is trading a dusty lot with very large trucks coming and going, for a cleaner facility with about half the vehicle traffic.

The property belonged the DWP, and was a storage/maintenance yard for the Power side.  The neighborhood is trading a dusty lot with very large trucks coming and going, for a cleaner facility with about half the vehicle traffic.

People should stop complaining

LAFD Valley Facebook page has video of the Groundbreaking ceremonies that took place this am.