old medevac

new LACoFD station 143

5 posts in this topic

today I saw a new county fire station in the middle of being being built .off Hasley canyon . does anyone have any idea of the staffing of this station might be ? . it looks like a fairly large station house . it's between 149's and right around the corner from 76's which is an engine and patrol and 149's is a squad engine and a patrol .

According to this, it looks like funds were allocated for just an engine (Page 4). Granted this was back in 2011, so things could have changed since then. Given the close proximity to Station 149, I'm sure engine 143 will run with Squad 149. I can't see a Patrol being put there either since both 76 and 149 have them. Unless some equipment gets shuffled around, which is always a possibility. 

EDIT: I just found this article as well. It's a little unclear, but it sounds like once Station 143 is in service, Station 76 might be taken out of service. Again, I can't confirm this. This is just according to the article below. 

Edited by SCasey

Patrol 149 became P76. As of now ST76 will remain open. ST143 is suppose to be a single engine house even though it is a double bay.Small first in's for 143 and 76.

What happened to the original Patrol 76 go since it was mentioned just now that Patrol 149 became Patrol 76.

ST76 hasn't had a Patrol for years. when they became a Haz Mat station. When the Haz Mat moved to ST150 149's through LA dispatch moved the Patrol to 76's.