Rescue51

Interesting RIG sighting in San Diego

13 posts in this topic

Well, you don't always see a U.S. Navy Type-3 rig in the Walmart parking lot in El Cajon.  I am assuming they were working or going to work the Border Fire, near Potrero. 

post-42-0-35253000-1466485412.jpg

That's probably federal fire. That based out of SD navy base going to boarder fire

The Border Fire is definitely bringing some interesting sights to El Cajon. The day the fire started SDFD E44 went code by my house in El Cajon on the way to the Border Fire, there are also some strike teams in various parking lots around El Cajon either resting or grouping up to head down to the fire.

Rescue51 likes this

Federal Brush 16 was part of a Metro Zone Type-3 Strike Team sent Sunday afternoon to the Border Fire.

I don't think they do I know they have those huge off-road rigs. This particular rig from federal fire which provide protection for military bases. I believe penaltion has a hand crew their.

Per the San Diego Fire Rescue web site as of today the City type 3's are 10, 14, 24, 29, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 40, and 43. They also have at least one OES type 3. The two remaining 6×6 monsters are classed type 3 by SFFRD. Also there is a post that says that Br33 going to be stationed in san Pasqual Valley starting July 1st and the OES T3 will go to 33's.

BR10, 12, 14, 24, 29, 33, 34, 37, 40, 43, 57

OES8631 has already been moved to FS33.

3 new rigs on order. One is a replacement for the destroyed Ultra XT. 

So this will make San Diego Fire Rescue have 14 frontline Type 3's of their own plus the OES rig or will 2 of their type 3's go into reserve status?

Are the Ultra XT's still being manufactured?  How do the FF's and shops like those rigs?

I always wondered why the Pierce wildland pumper/tanker the Hawk Extreme did not sell better.  I have never seen one in the Southwest.  I looked at Pierce's site and it appears that rig is no longer in production.  ~Rescue51

post-42-0-84886000-1466713481.jpg

fyi, the Army and Navy have both made multiple purchases of model 34 type 3 engines, the Army after a devastating fire near Ft hauchua Az

It was thought the type 3s would be formed into strike teams for DOD fires but that has not happened yet.

Army bought Pierce and KMEpost-131-0-07202800-1466871883.jpg