Seagrave7

LAFD Tractor Pulls

9 posts in this topic

Time for LAFD to upgrade the Tractor Pulls for Heavy Equipment group from the first photo to the second. Now HR is a Peterbuilt 567 the Tractor pulls should match.

post-18-0-86720200-1465651095.jpeg

post-18-0-56250800-1465651121.jpeg

That second photo isn't the actually truck is it? I can't see them needing a pusher axle for what they do.

That second photo isn't the actually truck is it? I can't see them needing a pusher axle for what they do.

No its not the actual photo.  Nothing on order or rfp'ed.  I would hope it would look like that excluding the pusher axle but including that HD front axle.  More for the look and color. 

It's not called a tractor pulls. It's simply a semi tractor. Since they aren't used that much like LaCo. The millage is probably low for their age. Besides... When City replaced the original tractors they were 1970,1969,1968.

No its not the actual photo. Nothing on order or rfp'ed. I would hope it would look like that excluding the pusher axle but including that HD front axle. More for the look and color.

Oh ok. I personally like the 367 like LACoFD uses over the 567. I also like the HD front axle better.

It's not called a tractor pulls. It's simply a semi tractor. Since they aren't used that much like LaCo. The millage is probably low for their age. Besides... When City replaced the original tractors they were 1970,1969,1968.

Yeah, I guess the poster was going by the "TP" apparatus callsign category. AFAIK, that refers to a dozer transport.

I have no clue the traction needs to pull a dozer, but I do like that second one with its mysterious and rugged-looking extra axle.

From what I have seen, the Tractor Company moves all sorts of things, including helicopters and the other heavy equipment belonging to the LAFD.  If it needs a flat bed trailer, the Tractor company will move it, availability not with standing.

Correction, these are currently referred to as Transport 1, 2, 3 in the LAFD CAD system.  They are not referred to as semi tractors.    

Edited by Seagrave7

I was referring to the Tractor trailer it's self. They are also called Dozer team 11 and 12.