RFRD

Phoenix Fire Resource - backed up

50 posts in this topic

The up fitting side of resource will be busy the next few months. 

10 Demers Rescues delivered and awaiting up fitting. 

2 BC Ford F250's delivered and awaiting up fitting. 

1 C957N Silverado delivered and awaiting up fitting. 

Handful of Pierce Quantums still awaiting to be completed. E23,27,33,34,37,930 already in service. E15,20,58 still at resource with decals. Few blank Quantums still waiting. 

New SQ19 currently inside getting build. Chevy chassis. 

New Pierce ladder should be delivered shortly, presumedly going to L4. 

2 SQ remounts delivered and awaiting up fitting (SQ8 & SQ44). Hoping the body will get a refurb/updating prior to going in service. 

Once thats all completed, decommission the spare Saulsburys and turn the 2003s,2004s,2005s ALF's into spares. 

A nice summer project. 

12806150_1251125251569678_75624091443910

Not my photo, but here she sits awaiting up fitting. 

Engine 58 is getting a 2017 Rosenbauer Commander Engine (I wonder who's getting E58's new Quantum)  

And Ladder 33 is getting a 2017 Pierce Velocity Mid Mount Ladder Tower

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Engine 58 is getting a 2017 Rosenbauer Commander Engine (I wonder who's getting E58's new Quantum)  

And Ladder 33 is getting a 2017 Pierce Velocity Mid Mount Ladder Tower

What is this? Are these demo rigs from a dealer? Phx didn't buy any rosenbauer's... 

They just ordered them, L33 & E58 will be delivered in about  year  

The Rosenbauer Engine ordered for 58's was purchased because

Laveen is outside the City of Phoenix and it saved the Laveen Fire District over $200,000

Still trying to confirm if they ordered 14 more Quantum engines under the purchase/lease program       

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Any word who getting the last 5 Quantums ? and is E58 still getting the Quantum or it going someone were else

Any update when Florence is breaking ground on Station 544 Arizona Farms & Attaway

and did they order the Velocity tanker yet ? 

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Saw Squad 44 on the freeway the other day. Looks sharp with the new cab. Also, one of the old E-One ARFF rigs is at a resale dealer on Grand/35th ave.

Any word who getting the last 5 Quantums ? and is E58 still getting the Quantum or it going someone were else

I still can't find anyone or anything that confirms Laveen purchasing on their own. As it stands, E58 is still getting their new Pierce.

Any update when Florence is breaking ground on Station 544 Arizona Farms & Attaway

and did they order the Velocity tanker yet ? 

I've been out of the Pinal County loop. About 2 years ago the Florence annex fell through and I'm pretty sure so did the plans for the 3rd & 4th fire station. I believe they also downed their TRV staffing. The prior chief spent a lot of money and I think their struggling. A lot of the Florence guys are moonlighting at Superstition EMS part time.

Saw Squad 44 on the freeway the other day. Looks sharp with the new cab. Also, one of the old E-One ARFF rigs is at a resale dealer on Grand/35th ave.

I wish they would put one of the old ARFF rigs up at Deer Valley. Its better than some of the other ARFF trucks front lined elsewhere in the valley.

Tks for the info, People who live in magic ranch &  Oasis told me that Florence

Annex them. I will have to do some research, The Rosenbauer pumper was in the City council meeting minutes

and was purchased as out of the city item for E58      

there's no plans for sta. 543 and 544. chief zick blew a lot of smoke with the expansion, got ahead of himself and he was gone no much longer. he wanted to expand into san tan and said they would have 7 stations in the next 5 years. trv is still being staffed, they currently have 3 medics and 1 emts working part time for SFMD.

E40 & E905 are getting a new Quantum's

Queen Creek is annexing everything to Ironwood Rd between S of Chandler Heights Rd & the R/R tracks  including Banner Ironwood and the Fry's Plaza The SE Station 414 was 2 or 3 years away, but might be moved up sooner   

Edited by GilbertFIRE
TimothyhiP likes this

What is sq19 getting?

A new Silverado w/ custom truck body on rear and updated whelen lighting. Its already in service and I missed it at the shops.