Seagrave7

LAFD New Heavy Rescue

26 posts in this topic

Not fan of the graphics. But other than that awesome rig!

I concur.  Need to loose the NASCAR droop race strip.  Could be easily fixed with replacing it with a straight stripe on those two doors at the shops.  Fingers crossed they fix it.  Other than that, new rig looks great.  

Great rig!  My question, with the heavy lifting capacity, especially in USAR assignments (and even some TC's), why do more departments not acquire these rigs (like San Diego Fire-Rescue)???

the manufacturer only put the stripping on that la city requested, why would they change it. that reflective material is not cheap, just the same as people complaining about the new grey ladders on the new trucks, it's what la city wants and they spec'd it

the manufacturer only put the stripping on that la city requested, why would they change it. that reflective material is not cheap, just the same as people complaining about the new grey ladders on the new trucks, it's what la city wants and they spec'd it

LAFD has a printer at the shops for the striping and lettering. Just like when BP84 came in and was changed to FR201 they can change it with easy. Also the dodge BC's came in with different font and the shops changed it. I won't be surprised if the shops change the HR stripe drop and some of the fonts. It does not cost that much to fix striping and lettering as they have to do it all the time when their vehicles get in accidents. It's not paint but stickers.

The ladders are painted grey which is a different process then the striping/ fonts. The grey ladder color is not changing on the first TDA. It will now denote the HD ladders for LAFD hence the reason for the different color painted ladder.

Great rig!  My question, with the heavy lifting capacity, especially in USAR assignments (and even some TC's), why do more departments not acquire these rigs (like San Diego Fire-Rescue)???

I agree. I did hear (and see) DCFD used these for a little while, but I'm pretty sure that program was dropped, though I don't know what the problem was.

Rescue51 likes this

anytime you order a new piece of fire apparatus, it must have factory installed reflective stripping on it to pass final inspection. that is not to say that la city won't change it, but to have stripping put on your rig if you know you are going to change it, why not have what you want put on it to begin with, this stuff is quite expensive

The new rig looks just like the ones on that tow truck reality show on the Weather Channel. Exactly the same graphics.

Everyone is so worried about the new graphic design. Why? LAFD approved the design and the cost and time to replace reflective stripping isn't quick or cheap. Yes.. i know they have an inside graphics dept. Has anyone notice the Fed Q siren? First for a Heavy Rescue.

Everyone is so worried about the new graphic design. Why? LAFD approved the design and the cost and time to replace reflective stripping isn't quick or cheap. Yes.. i know they have an inside graphics dept. Has anyone notice the Fed Q siren? First for a Heavy Rescue.

Now that you mention it yes it does!! Seems all the new rigs have them.

I wonder why they go with a real Q siren & not an electronic Q. Not sure which one is cheaper.

Awesome pics and there should at least be 2 or 3 of them to cover each division.

Question is.... Well they now put a second one in service at ST89 as rumor had it at one time. Or sell the reserve and put the active one in reserve. Great looking new HR.

Question is.... Well they now put a second one in service at ST89 as rumor had it at one time. Or sell the reserve and put the active one in reserve. Great looking new HR.

I predict sell current reserve, put current rig in reserve. Unfortunately, they don't have enough funding for 2nd HR staff let alone all those companies still not in service since the brown out period a few years ago.

It's now at the shops. Radio and equipment installs and training. Should be in service close to the end of the year for what i read.

Now that the new HR is in service and the old current one is in reserve. What's happening to the old reserve?

It went into service pretty quick.  The old reserve will probabaly go up for auction, If another city dept. doesn't get it or used by shops as tow for broken down rigs.