GilbertFIRE

Mesa New Pierce Quantum 75ft Ladder

15 posts in this topic

Mesa has ordered  1 new 2016 Pierce Quantum 75ft Ladder & 1 2016 Pierce Quantum engine

(rumored to be going to L214 & E215 (L214's tower is going to L209 or L220)

Gilbert new  2016 Pierce Quantum engines with be 2000gpm,  will be similar to E251/E254 specs

but will have 4 color (Green,Blue,yellow,Red) tank lights on the cab, red/Lime yellow cheverons, on the rear, slightly different graphics/lettering  w/star of life decal's  (rumored E252 is getting one and one is going to

either E251 or E256)  all rigs should be delivered around Christmas time.

Peoria's 3 Rosenbauer Commander engines should be in any day going to E192 E193 & E195

Edited by GilbertFIRE

is the ladder a bucket or a stick? it doesn't make sense to move 14 if its a bucket

The new Ladder is 75ft Quint/stick  

L214 had  75ft Quint/stick 's before and worked well for there 1st due area

before getting 85ft towers.  Should be like Superstition's Ladder 263    

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Noticed on Mesa's engine in production has a 2 fly extension ladder on it. All their engines right now carry a 3 fly 35' w/ a roof. 

The specs are a little different because it's suppose to be going to E215 which also covers Mesa Phoenix Gateway Airport,  Not sure when  the  75ft stick is going into production

I'm not aware of a separate spec for 15 besides the FAA reqs. I know there was talks of going to 28'. 

Queen Creek is currently looking at Rosenbaur for their ladder. They have specs for a 85' Viper and 75' Cobra. 

Unknown if they have specs from any others. 

Mesa's new engine no longer going to 215, going to 202. Also heard E216 and E219 will be swapping rigs with E201 and E204. 

New L214 should be in service soon, I believe the bucket is going to L209. 

Edited by legos.8ty7

On 5/15/2017 at 10:04 AM, legos.8ty7 said:

Mesa's new engine no longer going to 215, going to 202. Also heard E216 and E219 will be swapping rigs with E201 and E204. 

New L214 should be in service soon, I believe the bucket is going to L209. 

Went by resource today and E215 is still labeled as 215. 

Queen Creek Southeast Station 4 (414) is going in at Riggs Road & Signal Butte Rd, They have already started extending Riggs Rd between Ellsworth & Rittenhouse 

Edited by GilbertFIRE

The stick went into service along with new rigs for LA201 and LA205 yesterday. Also saw new BC209 truck at resource  

Mesa is going to have a 1 year pilot for 2 peak-hour civilian medic rides. Should be up in the next couple months. 

Edited by legos.8ty7

I saw Mesa FD ambulance Tuesday that was lettered R201, by chance would that be one of the Medics

Mesa currently has 2 rescues for when they’re on altered protocol. E217 is broken down to staff both rescues, 201/202. So I don’t believe R201 is going to be intended for civilian medic rides. Civilian rides are designated as Medic, firefighter staffed are designated as Rescue.