GilbertFIRE

Peoria New Rosenbauer Commanders

46 posts in this topic

The new Commander pumper is going to E-194.  E-191’s is the newest Spartan/Rosie and isn’t the busiest company, so it’ll go later.

E-194 won’t be in service for a few weeks.

New Commander for L-191 is in town at the dealer.  Won’t be delivered for about a week.  

LT-191 and S-197 new rigs are almost done at the South Dakota plant.  Final inspection in a couple of weeks.

LAFD went with KME for new engine's. Many issues with the rigs. Newest order for engines are Pierce as none are in service at this time. LACO Fire has had it's ups and downs with KME. They stay with KME for a few reasons. Mechanics shops have all the spare parts for KME. But most important is.. Low bid every time.

New Commander for E-191 should be ordered this Summer for expected 2019 delivery.  E-191’s Spartan/Rosenbauer should then go to E-196, replacing the last non-Rosenbauer pumper in Peoria (2006 ALF Eagle).  

I missed catching E194 before it went into service, so I'll have to wait until it's back at the shop for PM work.

In the meantime, here is Ladder 191's new rig.  It won't be in service for a couple of weeks.  The crews are doing training on it this week.

2018 Rosenbauer (Minnesota) Commander 100' MMT.

Peoria AZ Ladder 191 (2018), Front left.jpg

x635 likes this

Here's the other new rig.  This was headed out the door this afternoon to go in service.

Support 197 - 2018 Freightliner M2/Rosenbauer (S. Dakota) Technical Rescue

Peoria AZ Support 197 (2018), Front left 2.jpg

x635 likes this

LT191's Freightliner/Rosie is still the shop, getting some cabinet rework done by the shop crew.  I'll head over and get real shots when it's lettered and ready to go in service.

Here's the back end of S197

Peoria AZ Support 197 (2018), Rear.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jwimig said:

Out with the old, In with the new...

Old S197 and new S197.jpg

I can't find the info for S197 on Rosenbauer's website, do you have the Job/Build number? 

44 minutes ago, RFRD said:

I can't find the info for S197 on Rosenbauer's website, do you have the Job/Build number? 

Unfortunately, no.  I was in a bit of a rush because it was going into service this afternoon, so I didn’t look at the details.

Here’s Peoria’s Engine 194.  2017 Rosenbauer Commander 1500/500/80a

7AD8E71F-4F0F-4FA9-8545-97A7BB57415B.thumb.jpeg.10b1c2afc24e355dca561162bda291be.jpeg

Any word on the new trt truck? Why do they not have a dedicated crew on a heavy rescue?

Edited by Stinger

On 6/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, NJtoAZ Photography said:

Oh is this it does it also tow the rescue boat? For lake Pleasant or is the boat at a slip there

Are far as I know E199s crew comans Fire Boat199 if it isnt staffed for weekend events. FB199 is docked in Lake Pleasant. 

TRT teams in Peoria are at Ladder 191 and Engine 197 I believe. Haz Mat is at E193.