scnradio

Lakeside Fire

7 posts in this topic

County Water Tender 7251 is stationed at Lakeside Station 2. It is cross staffed with one firefighter off of Engine 2 and E2 and WT7251 respond in tandem when the WT is requested.

I also understand they are getting ready to place into service their first "patrol" rig with pump/tank.  I drove by Station 2's a few weeks back and thought I saw it in the bay being prepped. Could not tell if 2/4 door cab.  I asked question in Facebook on their page whether it would have rescue capacity and they said no, just ALS equipment.  I believe the new Smeal urban interface rig (E2) has some extrication tools since they respond so often up on the SR67 or Wildcat Canyon for T/C's.

I also understand they are getting ready to place into service their first "patrol" rig with pump/tank.  I drove by Station 2's a few weeks back and thought I saw it in the bay being prepped. Could not tell if 2/4 door cab.  I asked question in Facebook on their page whether it would have rescue capacity and they said no, just ALS equipment.  I believe the new Smeal urban interface rig (E2) has some extrication tools since they respond so often up on the SR67 or Wildcat Canyon for T/C's.

So is the patrol rig 10-8 yet.  If so what is it called?

I've not seen it or heard it rolling, so I don't think it is 10-8.  Speaking of Lakeside, someone told me they thought the squirt (KME) which originally was "E3s" then went up to 26's, is now designated "E202s" housed out of 2's.  I've not confirmed this, if anyone can.  I assume it is the reserve, or they might be planning to staff-up 2's and have both rigs, don't know.  Other chatter for the area though in San Miguel/Cal Fire, is T15 (Pierce, 100'+ quint) just got some major work and expected to be in service for 4-6 years. That crew cross-staffs R15.  They hope to soon budget putting a pumper back into 15's like a few years ago.  Heartland Fire & Rescue/La Mesa's new Pierce is in service--"Rescue-Engine 12." 

Yes it is true about it being E202s.  I have seen pictures with that.  I will post some tommo.

Sorry I should have been more specific when discussing the Lakeside Engine 202-S ("S" for squirt), PERHAPS supplementing to have "both rigs" the other one is the newer urban interface pumper Smeal E2.  I'd like to see some feedback about how the Smeal product is doing in expectations/maintenance. I believe Lakeside plans on adding more Smeals to their district.  Unconfirmed chatter over a few years is Lakeside adding a truck.  I don't know, it seems budgets are tight and they still have the KME 65 foot quint though it is aging.  I have no doubt had we not had the 2007 Great Recession where we've never really got much traction from, that many districts would have done more upgrades and replacements. I suspect Santee would have replaced their tiller (T4) by now.  I also believe San Miguel would not have opted for the Cal Fire takeover.