Rescue51

LAFD's New Pierce Tillers

253 posts in this topic

I may be wrong, but I would think they would be assigned to the following stations that are assigned 2000 ALF's 10,21,33,37,66,89 or 92. then are 74 and 96 which would probably fall in at the bottom of the list.

Edited by seagrave85

Truck 9, 11, 26, 89, and 95 are in service unknown shop numbers

Edited by EMT_FS46

Word on the street is 12 more got ordered... any news on delivery dates or possible modifications from the first batch?

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, tnluke401 said:

Here is one of our Engines a 2012 Arrow XT found in its natural position awaiting the mechanic Monday morning. Ours have been less than desirable the cab leaks all the way down through the a/c unit so in heavy ran water drips through the interior roof lights, the a/c unit has a terrible condensation drain system that leaks water all the time, when you walk on the cab roof it feels like your walking on the hood of a car as it literally bows in when you stand on it, the windows are always coming out of alignment, the back up camera is always going out because of wiring issues, low grade fluid hoses on the motor all had to be replaced early on, the Pierce automatic pressure governor has failed to engage on structure fires requiring us to completely turn off the engines and restart the entire rig, the compartment door sensors are always going out and the light blinks in the cab and the list goes on. 

We bought Pierce to replace E-One engines thinking we were buying the best but truly found out we were wrong and our engines are not spec'd low bid, we switched to Sutphen and have not been disappointed one bit. I will say I like the Foam System and CAFS system Pierce produces over the Foam Pro System on our Sutphens, Tak-4 independent front suspension rides and handles better than any leaf spring straight axle front end and the paint job and gold leafing are flawless we even buy the Pierce gold leaf for our Sutphens. 

fullsizeoutput_2e1.jpeg

Karns, TN

Looks like the heavy duty ladder opposed to the regular aluminum 

On 12/20/2017 at 6:41 PM, Rsqfxr said:

Yes T26 should be in service within the past few days, yes there is a concern with the tiller suspension but nothing to prevent them from going into service... T95 should be next up and T69 is going to be old T11 

Did some rereading of the thread and found this post. T50 most likely will not get old T11, because it is out at 69s.

I heard t50 will be getting 27’s current rig as a hand me down. Could be a rumor though. 

Does anyone have info on T-9 old ALF, I know it went to shops after that tragic accident.. But it never got reasigned, or did it