Rescue51

LAFD's New Pierce Tillers

253 posts in this topic

When all the new Pierce Tillers are in service, will the remaining Simon Duplex TDA's be retired? 

I believe they are already ready reserve rigs, I don't think of any frontline. I think 50's had last font line. 

Doesnt make sense to just give rest to USAR task forces. Doesn't go with their replacement schedule

USAR Task Force maybe for the reason they have a 500 pound tip load. Heavy duty ladder... 92's is in a Simon Duplex as well.

69s, 95s, and 50s are still frontline Simon-duplex. 92s is in a reserve.

Edited by EMT_FS46

I would tend to believe that first American La France's would be going into reserve they are 16 to 17 years old now

32 minutes ago, mr.ranger said:

50's should be in 11's old truck. 

As of last week still in the Simon.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, pump305 said:

As of last week still in the Simon.

The Simon is down due to body damage as of last weekend, gonna be a while before they see it again 

On 11/16/2017 at 9:33 AM, Rsqfxr said:

The Simon is down due to body damage as of last weekend, gonna be a while before they see it again 

I saw 50s truck in a Simon on Wednesday evening in 12s first in structure fire assignment

I also believe that 95's is going to get one because of thier district which is LAX and I would be curios to see if 95's will be painted lime-green yellow one day due to the fact that they serve the airport. 

On 11/17/2017 at 9:04 PM, LAfan26 said:

I saw 50s truck in a Simon on Wednesday evening in 12s first in structure fire assignment

If it was after nov 11 it wasn’t their frontline truck 

On 11/18/2017 at 11:13 AM, RicardoBerg said:

I also believe that 95's is going to get one because of thier district which is LAX and I would be curios to see if 95's will be painted lime-green yellow one day due to the fact that they serve the airport. 

95's is paid for by LAX. They will stay red.

T-73 is in a Simon Duplex... It's been a couple of months already... Wonder what happen to there American La France

16 hours ago, Rayrae24 said:

T-73 is in a Simon Duplex... It's been a couple of months already... Wonder what happen to there American La France

Their ALF is down for major engine repairs 

Rayrae24 likes this

T73 will be out for a bit.....outside of the ARFF's purchase I dont think the airports pay for much anymore 

I keep hearing that a new 95's is going to be built next to the airfield and maybe get crash rigs one day.

21 hours ago, RicardoBerg said:

I keep hearing that a new 95's is going to be built next to the airfield and maybe get crash rigs one day.

Yes I recently heard that as well from an engineer at 51's. New 95, with direct access to the airfield with one ARFF rig, TF & RA. The city/LAWA want's to widen Century Blvd. At that time, the current 51's would be relocated to the NW corner of the airport, with the Engine and RA.