Rescue51

LAFD's New Pierce Tillers

253 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, fireag said:

I saw the 7th TDA was delivered last week. Is it going to be the first in service? Where is it and the other pierce trucks going to be assigned?  What is the trickle down of old rigs going to look like?

Still no TDA's in service.  Last TDA delivered has warranty issues and is back at South Coast dealer from what I was told.  No sign of the first TDA that was returned to Pierce for repairs.

Does anyone have specific details on what these warranty issues are? I don't see how pierce would continue to build the rest of these rigs with out figuring out what exactly the problem was with the 1st couple of units that were already delivered. 

There currently is one new delivery that has been back and forth to so.coast twice I think, its being reinspected and hopefully that one will be hitting the street soon 

EMT_FS46 likes this

On 6/14/2017 at 7:27 AM, Rsqfxr said:

There currently is one new delivery that has been back and forth to so.coast twice I think, its being reinspected and hopefully that one will be hitting the street soon 

Correction the new delivery is actually #8 and is being inspected, they're still waiting on the other rig from so.coast 

Both s/n 60796 (grey ladder) and 60807 are at the Shops.  60796 has T11 lettering above the grill below the windshield.  

Pierce Los Angeles FD, CA 28613

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 30151-01

T11 is currently being outfitted for tools, it will be the first in service, no service date at this point 

I heard 9's will be getting a pierce truck now.  other than 11's, do we know where the other trucks will be assigned to?

T11 is at the station being cleaned and finalized, should be running calls within hours 

I think this pic isn't recent because I saw a recent photo of a newly promoted Captain 2 assigned to Station 11 standing in front of the ALF Truck at 11.

They currently still have the old truck, this pic is as recent as it gets, the newly promoted capt pic is older than this pic, because no captains were promoted this week

There is a video up on YouTube from this AM showing Light Force 11 responding with new Truck 11

The new truck is in service. Likely the old truck will be handed down to another company or become reserve. 

Any insight on how new T 11 is holding up?

When/where is the next pierce going into service?

11 minutes ago, fireag said:

Any insight on how new T 11 is holding up?

When/where is the next pierce going into service?

So far so good 

2 hours ago, mikesaccount said:

Have any more of the new truck come to the shops or have been assigned and what companies?

Yes T26 is the next one going into service, date unknown