Rescue51

LAFD's New Pierce Tillers

253 posts in this topic

Posted on Pierce's Flickr yesterday.

6th TDA ready for delivery

Shop # 60802

Pierce City of Los Angeles, CA 28861-06

x635 likes this

Any word on when these rigs will finally hit the street? Seems new heavy Rescue got in service pretty quick. Has the new USAR been delivered? 

What assignments will the trucks be going to?  What will the trickle down look like?

15 hours ago, EMT_FS46 said:

I wonder if LAFD will switch to Smeal on the next contract since they acquired LTI/LTC

Not anytime soon.........the Pierce TDA contract is a 10 year deal.  

Any new info on in service dates? Assignments other than 11's for the first truck?

21 hours ago, Seagrave7 said:

Is 11's pierce TDA in service yet?  Been over a year since delivery.  

Negative still not in service.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:00 PM, EMT_FS46 said:

Negative still not in service.

Any idea where it is?  At the shops or Pierce Ontario?  

last update I heard was it was still out at station 88, that was about 3 weeks ago

Drove by the shops this week on Tuesday.  None of the new Pierce TDA's are there.  They must be Pierce Ontario.  Been over a year since the first one was delivered.  Must be some serious Warranty issues for these to not be at LAFD shops or in service yet.  Wateguy, can you add some context as to what is going on with these?  What is the issue(s)?

I was told today that the new trucks will not be going into service anytime soon. It's a political thing. Yes, they are at Pierce. Maybe waterguy can shed some light on this. Nothing like receiving a 4 year old new truck.

2 hours ago, pump305 said:

I was told today that the new trucks will not be going into service anytime soon. It's a political thing. Yes, they are at Pierce. Maybe waterguy can shed some light on this. Nothing like receiving a 4 year old new truck.

This may shed a little light on the political issues. http://ens.lacity.org/lafd/lafdreportarchv/lafdlafdreport1864105338_08162016.pdf

If I were Pierce, I would do everything to get this corrected with good favor, to continue the loyalty of LAFD.  LAFD is a big account and if it does not go well with them, it may change many future orders from other departments, thinking different than ordering from Pierce. 

I went by South Coast Fire, the Pierce dealer, in Ontario this morning. There were at least 6 new tillers there. The first one off the line, with the grey aerial, had Truck 11 markings, and wooden ground ladders on it, while the others had no markings or no ground ladder. Makes me think that one was in service at some point, however long.

TDA1.jpg

LAFDtillers.jpg

Looks like the second truck missing the fed q siren.  I wonder whats up with them? 

I'm starting to think that just maybe the problem is at south coast being backed up or maybe short staffed. 

By the way I love the grey ladder. I wish they would have left them like that.

Looks like the second truck missing the fed q siren.  I wonder whats up with them? Another reason they are sitting could be specs or issues that they are fighting to get fixed. 

So....I just saw one of these Tillers Northbound I-15.....in Arizona just outside of Mesquite, NV. Only 1 of them and did not have company markings. Definitely 1 of the Pierces.