Fyrchaser

Fast Response Vehicles

15 posts in this topic

Here is some additional Information.  The units are numbered FR 201 which operates from FS 20, and FR 401 which operates in FS 91's district.  FR 401 is kept at FS 98.  They do not respond from any station, but can attach themselves to an incident if they want to.  FR 201 drives a set route, while FR 401 just drives around in 91's district.

They work a 4/10, starting at 0800.  They are staffed by volunteers.

The units are both older Brush Patrols, and not new purchases.

I learn something new each day, did not even know LAFD had Dodge Ram patrols going from before.   It's a nice looking rig.  Wonder how they hold-up compared to the Fords?

Hmmm find it highly unlikely that they are staffed by volunteers. Especially finding one that are trained to lafds standards and are paramedics. Where did you here this from? Also I thought they took body's from from ford brush patrols remounted them in new dodges?

Hi Mr. Ranger-- I too wondered about the "volunteers" as that does not add-up.  I was thinking reserves maybe, but I find that hard to understand.  Yes, the chassis looked to me like new Dodge Rams.  I had not heard of LAFD having new Rams years ago, only the Fords (maybe some Chevy vehicles for patrol).

By " volunteers" they mean personnel are not forced to work those units/shift. Personnel " volunteer" to work them. No use of volunteer firefighters at the LAFD.

Sorry for the confusion over the term volunteer.  I did mean regular LAFD personnel working an extra shift, as opposed to "Assign Hired", or being forced to work overtime.

By " volunteers" they mean personnel are not forced to work those units/shift. Personnel " volunteer" to work them. No use of volunteer firefighters at the LAFD.

Not exactly they have crew 3 which staffed by explorers that get their wildland fire fighter cards.

Edited by mr.ranger

These are brand new Dodges. FR1 and FR401. They are staffed by Paramedics and have the ability to fight fire with 300 gals of water. As stated they are not assigned to any station. One handeles North the other south. As for Brush Patrols yes.. St 84 has a new Dodge Patrol.

Here is some additional Information.  The units are numbered FR 201 which operates from FS 20, and FR 401 which operates in FS 91's district.  FR 401 is kept at FS 98.  They do not respond from any station, but can attach themselves to an incident if they want to.  FR 201 drives a set route, while FR 401 just drives around in 91's district.

The units are both older Brush Patrols, and not new 

What's a 4/10 ?

The units are both older Brush Patrols, and not new 

What's a 4/10 ?

4 Day workweek with 10 hr shifts per day.

Edited by Casey