pump305

New Quint for LaCo Fire

16 posts in this topic

New Station being built for Station 51 at universal studios. Also a new Quint will go in service too. St 51 will house...Q51,E51,P51 and Sq51.Station should be completed in 6 months or so.

thats good to have another quint that can respond into west hollywood on structure fires.

Edited by EMT_FS46

Awesome news to hear of an additional truck company being placed in service by L.A. County Fire Department. How many Truck companies will L.A County have in total?

Update...Universal Studios is buying a new Qiunt for St51. But, it hasn't been ordered yet. No new station just renovating the current station. Even County info can be wrong!

I'll never understand how county operates. If you ask me, certain area should be turned over to LA City. Example 110s in Marina Del Rey, 51s at Universal, and that little section down in san pedro due to better coverage from LAFD.

Edited by EMT_FS46
LAfan26 likes this

I'll never understand how county operates. If you ask me, certain area should be turned over to LA City. Example 110s in Marina Del Rey, 51s at Universal, and that little section down in san pedro due to better coverage from LAFD.

The areas you mention each have their own set of politics, tax base issues, regulatory issues and union concerns. It is way more complex than just 'turning over' an area to another agency. Those areas do have auto aid agreements in place which improve coverage.

On a side note about this topic. Nothing official has come out from the Department internally about this addition to 51's. It doesn't mean it isn't true. It doesn't mean it won't happen. It doesn't mean it's not needed. There has been talk off and on about putting a truck in service there for years. It is a huge expense to do so and my guess is it probably is tied in with some larger expansion/master plan for Universal. That would lead me to think it'll happen later rather than sooner. IMO

I believe that other movie studio's have there own fire departments like Warner Brother's they have there own fire engine maybe Universal should too.

Yes it is located on la county but just mean universal never set up their own fire protection service. May very well be cheaper for them to have LACO service them than have it In house also have to look at building permit they may have been required to ad a fire house their. Yes Disney and Warner have their own fire engine. I don't think paramount studios has their own engine.

Paramount Studios does have a Fire Brigade. It is very small. Just a modified golf cart with extinguishers and then a mini pumper (F-250) type vehicle. All EMS & fire calls are handled by LAFD. Closest station is 52's.

Sony, Paramount, Warner Bros all have a fire dept (Brigade) Warner Bros sold their Pierce Engine Co and now has a Ford F550 type 6. Same as Sony and Paramount studios. Paramount also has two 1800 gal water tenders. Warner Bros is the only one of the 3 studios that have a manned station 24/7. 2FF an 8 hour shift. I'M not including Universal Studios with County St 51.