GilbertFIRE

AMR Gilbert/Queen Creek

37 posts in this topic

AMR Gilbert /Queen Creek update 

they will have 7  paramedic ambulances covering   (5 24 hr cars  251, 252, 255, 257, 411)

and (2 peak hour cars 253, & 412)   will be stationed at Fire stations

Edited by GilbertFIRE

AMR Gilbert /Queen Creek update 

they will have 7  paramedic ambulances covering   (5 24 hr cars  251, 252, 255, 257, 411)

and (2 peak hour cars 253, & 412)   will be stationed at Fire stations

When does the contract start?

I would assume as soon as town council signs ,  Have the new cars at AMR been lettered ?

Are they Ford Type 3's   and QC looking at leasing there New Horton to AMR  

Edited by GilbertFIRE

I would assume as soon as town council signs ,  Have the new cars at AMR been lettered ?

Are they Ford Type 3's   and QC looking at leasing there New Horton to AMR  

I'll be checking on the new AMR rigs in a day or two. Will try to grab a few photos to post here. Yes, they're Ford type 3's. The boxes are built by AEV. Will also try to track down ABC Ambulance's new type 2 Dodge Ram ProMaster rig. Btw, Maricopa Ambulance plans to put 30 new rigs into service in metro Phoenix if they are issued the CON they are seeking at the moment.  Two will be for 'critical care' transport. I assume those will be boxes. The other 28 will be brand new Mercedes Sprinter type 2's.

No luck yesterday finding the AMR Gilbert rigs at AMR's office. Maybe they're still at the graphpics shop or possibly they're being stored at some other facility. Will try to check again in a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, ABC Ambulance's new Ram ProMaster type 2 was probably out doing a transport when I drove by ABC's station. There was an old Ford type 2 parked out front but I found it not to be photo worthy. Below is a link to a couple of photos of their new ambulance. It's the one in the middle.

https://flic.kr/p/yZVh82

https://flic.kr/p/y43vDV

They have the standard AMR graphics,  but have script lettering 

Proudly Serving The Gilbert & Queen Creek Communities 

also I think  they have blue striping fading blue into fading red striping and then to red striping

It was moving the other direction 

Edited by GilbertFIRE

They have the standard AMR graphics,  but have script lettering 

Proudly Serving The Gilbert & Queen Creek Communities 

also I think  they have blue striping fading blue into fading red striping and then to red striping

It was moving the other direction 

Have the rigs been deployed in Gilbert? I've seen AMR use script lettering and slightlly different paint schemes on other contracts around the US.

one was in the lot at SanTan Ford today, not yet,

SWA still covering, But when AMR takes over,  some of  the old East Valley cars are going to Pinal County

I assume they will get restriped

Edited by GilbertFIRE

one was in the lot at SanTan Ford today, not yet,

SWA still covering, But when AMR takes over,  some of  the old East Valley cars are going to Pinal County

I assume they will get restriped

I drove past AMR's office yesterday. Unfortunately, the Gilbert rigs were parked in the garage and I wasn't able to get a photo.

Just found out Gilbert FD's December CON hearing date has been postponed. The new hearing date is scheduled for mid April. It now appears it will be next summer before Gilbert gets its own CON.

AMR is on creatives MOTOTRBO system and you're unable to monitor them. SW told their employees in Gilbert & Queen Creek (including W-221) they will cease to service Gilbert and Queen creek beginning next week. In order to absorb some of the displaced employees SW is bringing back W213 & W-214 as 16hr trucks on an ABC Kelly schedule.

SW told their employees in Gilbert & Queen Creek (including W-221) they will cease to service Gilbert and Queen creek beginning next week.

Thanks for the info.

I don't think 5 24 hrs & 2 peak cars is going to be enough  

You get a MVA at night  and you send 2 or 3 cars there and you get 1 or 2 other calls

there's nothing else left.  Even if you have 1 car available, where to do you station it to cover all of

Gilbert & QC,  your talking a lot of territory,   I think you need atleast 7 or 8  24hr cars    

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Just as PMT does in TMP, SCT, PEO. You pull from your inter facility ops. I'm sure SW will be involved in a M/A basis as well. Plus doesn't Gilbert have a rescue they sometimes out in service when SW is level 0?

213/214 coming up out of 617 and RM857. Not sure what's happening to 255/854. Good question.

SW told their employees in Gilbert & Queen Creek (including W-221) they will cease to service Gilbert and Queen creek beginning next week.

Local I-60 union has informed its members that the SWA to AMR transition will take place on November 18th.

The AMR cars are in the stations

I wonder where we'll see more AMR 911 rigs next. Maybe Glendale?

AMR  251, 252, 255, 257, 2540, 2541, 411  

with  Gilbert & QC Lettering Blue Strip fading into Red

post-60-0-36650100-1448726969.png

Edited by GilbertFIRE

AMR  251, 252, 255, 257, 2540, 2541, 411  

with  Gilbert & QC Lettering Blue Strip fading into Red

Thanks for the photo! Btw, do AMR 2540 and 2541 operate out of the same fire station?