Rettungswagen

Envision Healthcare to Acquire Rural/Metro

11 posts in this topic

Envsion Health Care want's nothing to due with fire protection

Rumored to happen asap

Scottsdale will take over  Fountain Hills & Carefree

Santan Valley will be split up between  Queen Creek & Florence

Daisy Mountain will take over Cave Creek

Glendale will take over West County  (they already were planning stations 1510 &1511 and were going to try to annex the area ) 

From the press release...

“This acquisition will broaden our ability to partner with fire departments and local government leadership to build increasingly better community health models. It also gives us the ability to offer specialty fire capabilities within our industrial health and safety business lines.”

What will happen to all the apparatus? Will the takeover cities absorb them or will RM take them to Tucson and Yuma?

I Would assume they will sell or auction the equipment, Fountain Hills, Rio Verde  own there equipment 

most of RM's apparatus would be unfit for front line service

Sounds like rumor and speculation by Gilbertfire I wonder his qualifications to deem a fleet of apparatus unfit?

it's not rumors or speculation,  Go read the city's, town and Fire districts agenda's and meeting minutes

look at the town & cities CIP's    It is all there

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Re: Apparatus  I have 10 years firefighting experience and

I did spec's on several new apparatus,  As general rule, a pumper's life is 15 years  or 100,000 miles

7 to 10 years front line,  & 5 to 8  years reserve, most of RM apparatus is well over 15 years old  

and I'm sure the millage's are up there 

Edited by GilbertFIRE

Nothing changing for 90 days, then discussions will begin about consolidating operations..  There is nothing official about the fire end.

The fact of the matter about Rural metro fire operations in places like  Yuma is  all outside Cities, or fire districts.  Cities may choose to terminate their contracts, but as far as the county areas, there is n such thing as a county fire dept. in ARS, fire districts cannot have discontinuous boundaries(ie Islands) outside Maricopa county.  In terms of jurisdictions, Rural metro operates in "no mans land".  A city would have to annex, and could not do that immediately, a fire district formation is subject to a vote of the property holders, and existing districts could not just Annex properties outside their  boundaries.  As far as the contracts, that is another story, most if not all allow either side to terminate with some notice like 90 days to a year. 

More than likely if Envision wants nothing to do with fire protection, they likely would not change anything for about a year.  Any sooner would subject Envision and or Rural to lawsuits that would hold up any merger. 

San Tan Valley is too small to have 4 different fire departments covering

Queen Creek

Florence    

North San Tan Valley Fire District

San Tan Valley Fire District

It will be interesting to see if the board will allow them to start

fire districts because  about 3/4's  of San Tan Valley is in

Queen Creek & Florence growth areas.  

Edited by GilbertFIRE