old medevac

oes /blm type 3 rigs

8 posts in this topic

i know LACoFD's station 132 in santa clarita , they keep a type 3 rig in the bay next to eng 132 . i was under the impression that the county fire guys manned the type 3 when the need arises . does anyone else know at what other stations in santa clarita ,do they keep one of these rigs . my confusion comes form a wildland fire/mobile home fire up bouquet cyn  , i saw 2 of the oes type 3's on scene . and also saw eng 132 there as well so who's manning those type 3's if both engines are in service .

County has 5 OES type 3. One in Santa Clarita as you said ST 132. I believe on High fire weather days they manned the OES rigs.

LACoFD has OES Type 3's stationed at 11's 44s 85s, 132s and I think 111s.

LACoFD has OES Type 3's stationed at 11's 44s 85s, 132s and I think 111s.

Not 111s but 125s in Calabassas. To spread them out, somewhat evenly to the brush areas.

i live by 111's they only have an engine and squad . so how did they get engine 132 and the oes rig to the same fire ? maybe they might have more than one engineer or can the captian drive the engine as well . the county only runs with a 3 man crew on an engine as i recall . so do they bring both to the fire and use the type one to pump with an engineer and staff the type 3 with crews on scene to fill the need of the type 3 . also the rigs i saw said blm one them  . i wish i could have taken a picture but i would have held up emergency traffic which  i wont do .

Found out what happen. The OES rigs on that fire in 132 area was part of a strike team out of San Diego area on the way back and saw the header. So they stopped to say Hi.County OES rigs are back filled if the engine is already gone or they man them on high hazard days.

thanks pump 305  that makes since .! we also have CA fire strike teams on stand by as well saw them over at 126's

Does anyone have an update on the assignments and numbering of the new type 3s delivered to OES recently?

The original 15 were delivered in 2007 and are in three strike teams, housed in San Diego County,L A County, and the Bay Area

Saw some OES photos of  a strike team of 5 type 3s to Sacramento area departments,.8431 thru 8435 in that group

Must be two more strike teams assigned to?