Rescue51

New Pierce pumper for Blythe, California

10 posts in this topic

Surprising that they are still around with 43s right around the corner. Thought county would have taken them over long ago.

California Red likes this

Blythe apparently has a strong volunteer fire department. I don't think the city asked for a formal bid from the county but I think they got a rough estimate and the city said they could not afford it.

Blythe and RVC apparently are not getting along very well right now....

Does Blythe respond to ems calls or just fires? Does AMR handle the med calls?

Blythe VFD did not respond to EMS as of last year, There is a Riverside County Grand Jury report from couple years ago that recommended the City of Blythe allow the County FD to respond to EMS in the City, not sure if that came to be. I believe there is a local provider of EMS services not AMR.

Per the asst cheif yes blythe fire has been running medical calls in the city for the last 2-3 years.  Station 43 is not running calls in the city only the co. 

volunteer 24/7.  I ask him if there was talk of staffing and he said the city said not.  It would cost to much.  He said it is costing more to have 40 guys and gals come to the station then to staff with 3 and the city laughed.  The pay is 15 dollars per person per sign in.  The page out is 4-6 a day for medical They are a BLS dept with 3 Als personal that can not used there skills. On a side note River Medical (AMR) runs 2 unit for the city of Blythe.  The run time for them is 10+ mins do to both unit doing prison runs.