pump305

Mega Station

18 posts in this topic

A Captain from St5 informed me that plans at LAX is a Mega Station. Merging 51 and 95 together and adding another CFR at the new station.

That's interesting. Wonder if these stations are to be merged due to the new Midfield Satellite Concourse Terminal being built.

Interesting news and would the 2 additional Crash rigs that LAX is receiving go to this mega-station?

My understanding is yes on the two additional Crash Rigs. Also he stated that St80 is also going to move due to expansion. No one knows at this time if E51 will stay that number when they merge. I do not have a time line on this.

Couldn't imagine 80's moving again. Just moved into the new station 2-3 years ago. Seriously doubt if that would take place. Maybe in the next 25 years.

80 has been in the current station probably 10 years. And yes it's on the table with future develoments.

Also USCG Air Station Los Angeles is leaving to Pt. Mugu because LAWA needs the space for a new terminal.

And word on where the CFR/ARFF rigs are coming from?  And, where is the closest heavy rescue, if you know.

And word on where the CFR/ARFF rigs are coming from?  And, where is the closest heavy rescue, if you know.

The only HR at this moment is HR 56 just northeast of Downtown.

Thanks Casey.  Wow, that is a long haul to KLAX, if something happens and lots of rescue is needed.  Though I suspect USARs are around and all the trucks carry light rescue gear.  Surrounding areas too, like Santa Monica and Long Beach.

Edited by Rescue51

Thanks Casey.  Wow, that is a long haul to KLAX, if something happens and lots of rescue is needed.  Though I suspect USARs are around and all the trucks carry light rescue gear.  Surrounding areas too, like Santa Monica and Long Beach.

Station 5 houses a USAR rig, but I believe it is cross manned by TF 5.  

Corrections Welcome.

Edited by Casey

Station 5 houses a USAR rig, but I believe it is cross manned by TF 5.  

Corrections Welcome.

I believe US&R 88 is the only staffed rig in the city; the others are cross-staffed. I suppose an aircraft incident requires at least a first alarm response (2 LF, 4 engines, 2 ambo's, and a battalion chief) in addition to the CFR response, which should bring a substantial amount of personnel and equipment.

2 Task Forces, 2 engines, 2 ALS and 2 BLS RA's BC, USAR5, Crash 80 and 2 Foam rigs. 1 ARF stays availible at St 80. And stair 80 responds.

Ghosthouse12 likes this

2 Task Forces, 2 engines, 2 ALS and 2 BLS RA's BC, USAR5, Crash 80 and 2 Foam rigs. 1 ARF stays availible at St 80. And stair 80 responds.

Incorrect. The LAFD has an assignment for "Major Aviation Incident" with far more than this allocation and no ARFF stays available, even on a standby incident.

Incorrect. The LAFD has an assignment for "Major Aviation Incident" with far more than this allocation and no ARFF stays available, even on a standby incident.

FireGuy, This is what i was told by a Capt at St5. I'M sure i missed a few pieces of equipment. And this is for a standard standby. Not a working incident.

Are there still 14 members on duty at 80's each shift? What is their make up? Capt II, I, engineers, FF? And what are their riding assignments?