Rescue51

Lakeside FD rescue response: TC

4 posts in this topic

Good reporting by the writer for Lakeside Fire District blog, on a TC w/rescue on the SR67 yesterday, JNO Slaughterhouse Canyon Road.  Looked like an intense rescue (on the link below, you can also link to the YouTube video of some of the cutting).  My question to the Lakeside folks in this forum, is I noticed on the listed resources both E2 and the reserve E203 with Rescue 3 (and other units) reported to the scene.  I thought the staffing at station 3's, since many years ago, only manned the rescue but not both rescue and an engine.  Is there additional staffing @ 3's, or was this something where the rescue can run in tandem to the pumper?  Thx in advance.

http://lakesidefiredist.blogspot.com/2015/04/lakeside-firefighters-rescue-trapped.html#links

E203 I believe is E3's former KME that has just kept its designation as E203.  It is currently at Station 1 running as E1's Reserve.  So on the response yesterday E203 was actually 1's.

Thanks to 'lkseng3'.   Okay, that makes sense.  I recall the old days of staffing at station 3's when you had the squirt/pumper with staffing then additional staffing for the rescue and/or brush and water tender.  Those were the days.   On station 2, I know you have the squirt (KME with the stick/ladder) there, as a reserve.  Is that set to respond first-out on structures for the district?