x635

LAFD Apparatus Photos

18 posts in this topic

This thread is for sharing LAFD Apparatus Photos. I'll start.

LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 (in 2009)

Peterbilt/ Century w/ 60 Ton Rotator

post-3-0-92670800-1371409422.jpg

attertypymn likes this

This thread is for sharing LAFD Apparatus Photos. I'll start.

LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 (in 2009)

Peterbilt/ Century w/ 60 Ton Rotator

attachicon.gifnormal_LAFDSpareH.jpg

Isn't that HR 756?

Go to lafd.org 

Then scroll down to apparatus on the left side column

Isn't that HR 756?

Technically, although I've seen it listed as HR89 as well.

Technically, although I've seen it listed as HR89 as well.

I thought there was one HR in the city of L.A?

I thought there was one HR in the city of L.A?

There was talk of fully manning a second Heavy Rescue out of 89s, The one at 89s is old HR 56.

There is talk of moving HR56 to 89's. As stated above the other HR is a reserve only stationed at 89's.

There is talk of moving HR56 to 89's. As stated above the other HR is a reserve only stationed at 89's.

I don't know where you are hearing that from. Prior to the recession, four Fire Chiefs ago, there was a fire year fire service restoration plan (obviously gathering dust now) that included a recommendation to add a second heavy rescue in the Valley at FS89.

FS56 is right by the 5 Freeway and in a central location to be able to respond throughout the City.

I heard that from Capt 1 at FS89. Also from many of my buddies on the dept. There is also talk of moving HR56 to 82's because they are right of the fwy and the station has lots of room. Now, will any of this take place? Also because 89's is a USAR station.That plan was also before LAco Fire bought there own HR. Now they work together.

FireGuy likes this

If a 2nd. heavy Rescue is placed in service it should go to 88's in Sherman Oaks instead since 88's is more central to the entire valley plus it can respond to certain parts of the west side at a shorter response time than 56's.

Since this topic on Heavy Rescues was begun Heavy Rescue 56 has been relocated to Station 3 for a while now. So it is now Heavy Rescue 3.

Also.. The HR replaced is now the dedicated spare. All it needs is a crew to be in service. The original Peterbilt is the reserve HR and last i saw  this rig it was at FS89 in the back bays.

I saw this picture that was on a working house fire but I’m just trying to figure out why they would have a 1 inch hose deployed

14F2A417-291C-48DE-B870-FB123644CA21.jpeg

1” line is often used for overhaul piles, protection line for a ventilation crew on a roof and hosing/ cleaning equipment and personnel after an incident. 

Thank again 

Do you think LA FD will ever bring back the heavy task force concept