FF Buff One

Parking Enforcement Officer VS Paramedic in fight over parking

2 posts in this topic

Howdy folks!

Saw this on the local news and I was shaking my head :(

Why cant law enforcement & EMTs Paramedics, Firefighters get along?

http://www.10news.com/news/paramedic-parking-officer-fight-inside-7-eleven-witnesses-say-fight-began-over-parking-spot-04092014?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fanpage

Your thoughts?

I don't know any other details than what is reported.  If the paramedic in fact put the parking enforcement officer in a headlock, after just a verbal exchange, then paramedic is in big trouble--possibly criminal.   Having said that, my experiences out there are that too many parking enforcement officers are often more verbally aggressive and use the power of the ticket, far too quickly, than many patrol and traffic officers/deputies.   I'm surprised many more parking enforcement officers have not been battered.   I understand their function and that the job cannot be easy at times, and know while part of their job is to keep traffic flowing, and parking spaces available, and to violate parking abusers, another big part of their job is revenue enhancement.   There are the right and wrong ways to approach your contact, and verbalize things in a way that does not escalate a situation.