Xplorer4x4

LA Radio Calls

6 posts in this topic

I was listening to the scanner last night and heard a call for what I believe was a structure fire. There was a DOA and this was before they even searched. They said the person was on the porch so maybe they died on the porch? I never heard them call out for a Coroner Investigator or transport unit. Do they make the call over the radio for the coroners office? If so how do they typically phrase it.

Also how would PD call for a tow truck over the radio?

On The Doa Structure fire i believe LAPD handles the calls for the coroner. and as far as the request

for a tow. i think they just request a tow from their radio ops.

On The Doa Structure fire i believe LAPD handles the calls for the coroner. and as far as the request

for a tow. i think they just request a tow from their radio ops.

I am looking for the basic wording used on these calls.

All requests for the coroner go through LAPD. LAFD Arson Unit is also involved in cause determination. As for LAPD calling for tows, they use the term "OPG" tow which means Official Police Garage (tow yard). Or they may request AAA tow per owners request.

on typical radio procedure they dont announce deaths on the  air  . if they do they use radio codes  . LACoFD uses a code F  LA sheriffs uses 927 D  or they make request they dont known on the MDT in the rigs  .......

Edited by old medevac
Xplorer4x4 likes this