Rescue51

San Diego County Fire Authority and a rescue delivery

4 posts in this topic

I noticed in the Ferrara Fire Apparatus website for new deliveries they had a nice walk-around rescue rig with captioning that it was delivered to San Diego County Fire Authority.  It appeared to have the Cal Fire stickers on it too.  Does anyone know where that one is stationed? 

Also, It seems that San Diego County Fire has not made the progress I would have expected after the politicians who wanted the camera and microphone, vowed to give us local asset protection, post Cedar (2003) and Witch Creek Fires (2007).  Example, it would almost appear the Cuyamaca volunteer Fire Department (part of Julian FD) is going away.  The new Cal Fire station was built right next to it.  The rescue rig Cuyamaca Fire had was taken back by the country.  The former chief is gone.  I am wondering if anyone can update on Cuyamaca Fire and as well what is really going on with the so-called San Diego County Fire Authority? 

It seems there is more stealth then information on this issue.

Thanks in advance!

I heard that the station in Harbison Canyon might be shutting down as well but could not find any information on it other than it was written on the community board.

Not sure but there is changes comming.  Rural Fire District in south east San Diego County is suppose to vote to join the County fire Authority, but there is some resistance.  Appraently, Julian did not choose to join and may have lost some money.  The other thing I have herd was that some volunteers have been pushed out(rumor) and there isn't the satffing as promised.  The east county fire fighters are having a hard time because they believe that the idea is to push them out in favor of paid staff.  However they contend the paid staff isn't there.

Rescue51 likes this

The rescue on the Ferrara website that I believe you are referring to is Rescue 7386 out of Jamul.

Rescue51 likes this