EMT_FS46

LAFD New Tiller Bid

92 posts in this topic

fireag, pierce does not have any section for in production photo's. the rigs get photographed and posted when they hit the blue floor for final inspection by the purchasing fire dept

Any of the open cab 80's era Seagraves still around? Triples or Aerials.

They all been removed from front line service 47s was the last house to have one in service as front line rig up until 2007 or so. You might find couple at drill tower. Or as reserve maybe.

mr.ranger likes this

How far before the delivery is the assignment list made? Is the list available now?

the list for the engine assignments usually runs 3-4 months ahead of delivery. the first of the new trillers will probally not hit the shops until December/January time frame , then with equipment, training , radios and other stuff will probally not hit the streets before February 2016 or later. my guess is another 2/3 months for a list

Now that it's October, the new pierce tillers should be a month or 2 away from delivery. Any news on the new rigs being built and where they will be going? Thanks!

so im guessing the 1st of the new trucks will be completed by the end of this month or early next month as long as eveything is on schedule but wont hit the streets till early 2016. I still cant find any production pics anywhere but if anyone has some please share them or any other info.

Water guy, Is there a replacement list for the trucks yet? I've heard they'll be arriving in a month or so?

Looking at some of those pictures the tillerman's view is obscured by 18 inches of the ladder resting while in travel

Is there going to be the white stripe along the sides?

I'm sure that they will stripe the new units when they letter them.

I'm surprised with the dark colored ladder. Color blind so it looks like a dark gray? Interesting in the article they mention the possiblity of an add on for 5 more. If so, that would bring the total to 15.

Looking at some of those pictures the tillerman's view is obscured by 18 inches of the ladder resting while in travel

You can see the ladder is not fully bedded in the cradle so it will lower what looks to be about 8" or so. Not sure how much difference that makes.

the ladder is not completely bedded in the picture, when it is iwill offer an unobstructed view