x635

Seagrave Presence Out West?

8 posts in this topic

Does Seagrave still have a presence out West?

I know for a while they were winning LAFD bids, but that was a while ago. And I know departments like Burbank are very loyal to them.

But are their Seagraves still being ordered and delivered?

It generally seems like the loyal Seagrave customers continue to buy Seagraves (i.e. Burbank and Pasadena).

Albuquerque bought a large number of Seagraves recently. Otherwise, Seagrave seems to be overshadowed by KME and Pierce.

Here In the San Francisco Peninsula region a few smaller departments (Redwood City and Woodside FPD) have taken delivery of a small number of Seagrave Type 1 engines and a TDA. Pierce and Spartan have been receiving the bulk of the contracts for new apparatus for cities from S.F. down to San Jose.

Mark

pierce seems to be the winner in the oc, at least with the city depts. the only dept still buying seagrave is city of orange. brea fullerton Anaheim garden grove Huntington beach costa mesa Newport beach and laguna are all buying pierce now

As best as I can tell, Anaheim was buying Spartan units in recent years. They got two new Spartan ERV engines in 2011, does anyone know which companies they were assigned to? Also, got 4 new Spartan aerials in 2007. They also had some new Crimson engines in 2002.

Spartan now has merged all their truck lines in to the Spartan ERV name now.

vegas, , Anaheim has 2 erv pumpers at stations 4 and 5.  3 of the 4 crimson aerials that they have are being converted by pierce into tiller quints as these units will be going into new stations as stand alone units. they also took delivery of 5 type 3 engines from pierce at stations 1 5 8 9 10. engines 2 4 7 will reduce from 4 man paramedic to 3 man paramedic units to staff a new 3 man paramedic unit near the stadium. last week the city council waived the bidding process and allowed the dept to add a second engine to and already placed order with pierce. I know fullerton was approved for several new engines from pierce they are probally adding onto the order

Seagrave is by far the most expensive apparatus on the road and they have priced them out of the market.  The product is excellent but other manufacturers have improved (KME) as of late and it is too difficult to justify the price difference.  They have their loyal customers, but it's hard for them to win any new bids.

Does Seagrave still have the service facility out there?