x635

Los Angeles City FD FY 2013-2014 Apparatus Orders

20 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what LAFD has on deck for potential apparatus, and what they have on order currently?

From the LA City 2013-14 Budget Book.

15 Pumpers

7 Aerial ladder trucks

10 Emergency Command Vehicles

20 Ambulances

5 Emergency sedans

I believe the Engines have been awarded to KME.  Unknown about the Trucks.

Is that the same list from the 2012-13 budget or additional units?

This info was taken directly from this years budget.

Are there any new specs for any of the vehicles? I know the engines were having some suspension issues.  Which company is getting the truck bid?

While at Fire House World in SD. KME told me they are bidding on Truck Co.

Any new info on the new trucks? I've heard about a wider body and heavy duty aerial? Is any of this true?

Any new info on the new trucks? I've heard about a wider body and heavy duty aerial? Is any of this true?

Should be going out to bid in a month or two.  Yes its true.  New Trucks will have 500lb ladder and 100" wide cab and body.

So i'm guessing no more LTI ladders

With ALF owning LTI, unless they sell it, I don't think LAFD will be buying the LTI product, even if available for separate sale. I see KME getting this bid, and they build a just as good, if not better, product then LTI.

I remember back when all you would hear is bad talk about KME. Now that times are rough it seems like everyone is going with KME and  are happy with them. I know San Diego FD had went to KME when they faced budget cut but have since went back to Pierce.

I was wondering if they plan to add the whelen siren to any of the new engines.trucks, and ambulances like they did on all the new battalion and ems captain trucks.

From the LA City 2013-14 Budget Book.

10 Emergency Command Vehicles

These are being built on Dodge Ram chassis.  Two prototypes will be built first.  

Also two new Brush Trucks are being built on Dodge Ram chassis.  KME won the bid on the Brush Trucks.  

x635 likes this

These are being built on Dodge Ram chassis.  Two prototypes will be built first.  

Also two new Brush Trucks are being built on Dodge Ram chassis.  KME won the bid on the Brush Trucks.  

What do you mean by Brush Trucks, Patrols or Type 3's.

What do you mean by Brush Trucks, Patrols or Type 3's.

Sorry meant to say Brush Patrols.  

Are the emergency command vehicles going to be like the compartment body they've tried before, or a cap with a slide out bed like many other departments are starting to use?

Sorry meant to say Brush Patrols.  Thanks and no problem and I wonder who will be getting these 2 new Brush patrols since all the patrols seem to be newer models with oldest being a 1998 model.

Are the emergency command vehicles going to be like the compartment body they've tried before, or a cap with a slide out bed like many other departments are starting to use?

Compartment Body.  To be built by California Truck Equipment Company with a Troy rear command module.  

x635 likes this

This info was taken directly from this years budget.

Just thought I would share this. As of April 3, 2013 KME has been award a contract for 11 engines. I am assuming this is from the 2012-13 budget.

http://fire.kovatch.com/productdivisions/FireDivision/FireDivisionHotTopics/NewsWire/13-04-03/City_of_Los_Angeles_Chooses_KME.aspx

The Mayor's budget books are good reference, but not necessarily the final word on how the Fire Department allocates the MICLA funding. There are also LAFD budget requests books, which are not at all an indication of all that will be ordered. They are more of a reflection of needs, or a wish list if you prefer. Don't forget the 2013-14 City budget has also been adopted.

EMTBravo likes this