Rescue51

Heartland Fire & Rescue

8 posts in this topic

A few notes, reiteration and question: Heartland Fire & Rescue placed into service their new Pierce PUC as E6 (El Cajon). I believe the new La Mesa E12 (Pierce PUC rescue/pumper) has been delivered, but not confirmed. BTW, I thought R11 was gonna be taken out of service but still hear them responding. 

El Cajon station 6 has placed into service Aid-6 which is an EMT unit (old M6 I think) to assist on the high-volume medical aids out of 6's. 

The new E6 has an interesting low range rapid cycle siren in addition to the mechanical.  Does anyone know what this siren is called?

Outside Heartland but still in area, Santee may have placed a new rig into service for M5, but I have not confirmed this.

Thanks. 

E12 has been delivered.

AID 6 only responds when requested by El Cajon units already on scene.  They are called when a BLS transport could be utilized.  They are not part of the initial dispatch, only per request.  

E6 has a Federal Signal Rumbler.  It is in sync with the electronic siren.  Here is an example: 

*Property of Youtube*

I believe Santee placed in service the same model as M2 and M3 which are placed on a GMC chassis as the new M5.

photos of the eng/ res are posted on heartlamd fire facebook page

The "old" Pierce Engine 6 is now at station7. All front-line apparatus is in Piece and the three KME enhines are now all reserve.

Thx. The KME pumper E206 has been rolling much lately which tells me T6 may be out of service (again).

Think T6 is back in service.  Years ago Santee FD used a BLS downgrade after on-scene triage of level of need. I believe El Cajon and other agencies used this same system with Aid-19 (the former Bostonia-Crest Fire later East County Fire, absorbed by San Miguel that got absorbed by Cal Fire). At any rate after going down memory lane, Aid-19 was kept busy for EMS ALS downgrades to BLS.  Then for a while Heartland dispatch had a system with participating agencies of using a call rotation for select EMT private companies.  That protocol went bye-bye.  Recently we've discussed that Aid-6 is newly in service which makes good sense.  My question is why not bring back the call rotation plan with some of the local EMT providers for the downgrades?  There are a bunch of new EMT companies around East County with some looking like they are funding some new/nice rigs  and modern equipment with nice uniforms for EMTs and seems they are professional and could accommodate the local FD.

back when I was a youngster when El Cajon fire added paramedics, they ran two ambulances out of what was still el cajon station one, Medic 3 and 4391 (BLS ambulance) both were dispatched in station one 1st due together, with M3 going with Engines in other station 1st dues. Back then Lakeside had Medic 1 and Santee Medic 2. too age me more I remeber Medic 6-2 and Medic 6-3 of old Spring Valley FPD.

Thanks for the memories "Mesabill". For a while El Cajon station 6 was running to medic rigs "Medic 6-1" and "Medic 6-2" since that house is so darn busy on EMS MED runs. That was before Medic 8. I believe when M8 went into service, it was a part-time staffed rig (morning to late evening) and M6-2 was taken out of service. M9 is generally a fairly low run rig but helped cover all the excess from 6's, and often will roll into Santee when their M4 and M5 are busy. BTW, M4 and M5 are newer GMC's as another contributor here mentioned. Other tidbits, the repaired Pierce E10 (Lemon Grove) is going back into service after 6 months of repairs from being T-boned.